HERITAGE 2018

Post Reply
User avatar
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Posts: 38724
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

HERITAGE 2018

Post by koimaster » May 1st 2018, 1:47pm

image.jpeg


Feeling nostalgic? Tissot has travelled back in time to launch a vintage-style watch with classical elegance. In 1943, the brand launched its first collection of timepieces with an automatic movement. An early advertisement showed a refined model with a dial featuring sword-style hour and minute hands. The reference to “antimagnetic“ under the logo highlighted its resistance and modernity. A small second hand at 6 o’clock was used to check the calibre was working correctly. This model has inspired the design of the new Heritage 2018, launched in March at Baselworld. It has the same layout, but now the hands are leaf-shaped and rotate above a curved dial made of brushed silver and featuring vintage-style numerals.

https://www.watches-news.com/tissot/heritage-2018/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 2876
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 1st 2018, 3:08pm

Owning three Antimagnetiques, I don't know if I should feel happy to see it brought back to life, or should I be appalled by how was it brought back to life.

First of all, I'm not quite sure about what exactly drove the people at Tissot, when they chose this particular font. It only appeared on ads and in catalogues, the dials had a thinner font on them.

Second, these guys have the Powermatic 80 with a silicon balance at their disposal, yet they place the "Antimagnetique" badge on a watch with a movement not anti-magnetic even in the slightest. Not even modified to live up to that name. What the fuck?!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 5980
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by Thunder1 » May 1st 2018, 4:11pm

Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster
Posts: 8608
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by bedlam » May 1st 2018, 9:12pm

conjurer wrote:It's too fucking big, and too fucking ghey.

You say that like big and ghey is a bad thing 8-)

)g(kk
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 30218
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by conjurer » May 1st 2018, 10:33pm

bedlam wrote:
conjurer wrote:It's too fucking big, and too fucking ghey.

You say that like big and ghey is a bad thing 8-)

)g(kk


This wartche should be about 35-36mm. Therefore, 42mm will look stupid on the wrist, like, if Rolex made the Datejust at 41mm!!

In terms of gheyness, nearly all (apart from those owned by fellow Lords) three hand watches with small seconds are ghey--unless they are very old vintage watches owned by imbecilic Andover/Yale graduates who are WASP dinosaurs who inheited them from their grandpapas who were nicknamed Taffy, which makes them ghey because they are owned by WASP dinosaurs. Gheyness, of course, is judged on a sliding scale. Today I passed a guy on the road who was driving a Mazda Miata, which is the ultimate ghey car for men--kind of like Subaru station wagons are ghey for women with lesbionic tendencies. Now, normally, I would have thought, Wow, that guy is super ghey because he's, you know, driving a Mazda Miata. In this case, however, the guy probably wasn't ghey, because:

A: The Miata had racing stripes, and

B: The guy was so fucking big that his head stuck out a foot over the windshield, and probably would have kicked my fucking ass at the gas station if I had made fun of his Miata were I filling up my car next to his, which I probably wouldn't have done, because:

A: I am an inclusive, liberal fellow, who loves all his fellow human beings, no matter what their sexual preferences, and

B: Because he was a great big guy, and would have kicked my fucking ass for suggesting that he was ghey.

I hope this explains things.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 2876
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 2nd 2018, 3:20am

conjurer wrote:This wartche should be about 35-36mm. Therefore, 42mm will look stupid on the wrist, like, if Rolex made the Datejust at 41mm!!

In terms of gheyness, nearly all (apart from those owned by fellow Lords) three hand watches with small seconds are ghey--unless they are very old vintage watches owned by imbecilic Andover/Yale graduates who are WASP dinosaurs who inheited them from their grandpapas who were nicknamed Taffy, which makes them ghey because they are owned by WASP dinosaurs. Gheyness, of course, is judged on a sliding scale. Today I passed a guy on the road who was driving a Mazda Miata, which is the ultimate ghey car for men--kind of like Subaru station wagons are ghey for women with lesbionic tendencies. Now, normally, I would have thought, Wow, that guy is super ghey because he's, you know, driving a Mazda Miata.


Rolex does a 41mm Datejust, as well as a 40mm Day-Date. As long as it's not at the expense of 36mm models, I'm OK with that.

A reissue of the Antimag in 42mm is - oddly enough - not inaccurate. Diameter of Antimags started at 30-31mm, and ended at - surprise, surprise - a whopping 46mm. While these behemoths are uncommon, they actually did exist. By the standards of back then, Tissot offered possibly the biggest range of sizes within one model line.

As to ghey cars, Mazda Miata, or - as it's called possibly everywhere except the US - the MX-5, is nowhere near as ghey as the Lamborghini Gallardo roadster. I mean, when I've been to France, both on the Riviera and in Paris, there was, like, a shitload of Gallardos around, and every single one of these Gheymobiles had two gheys in it, all looking like Crisitiano Ronaldo - for those who don't watch the sort of football that's not played with hands, Cristiano Ronaldo is an overpaid, whiny, and very ghey Portuguese player of Real Madrid, who spends most of every match by moaning on the grass, pretending to have been hit by whoever just took the ball from him.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 637
Joined: September 18th 2017, 5:35am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by Pubbie » May 2nd 2018, 5:14am

conjurer wrote:I passed a guy on the road who was driving a Mazda Miata, which is the ultimate ghey car for men--kind of like Subaru station wagons are ghey for women with lesbionic tendencies. Now, normally, I would have thought, Wow, that guy is super ghey because he's, you know, driving a Mazda Miata. In this case, however, the guy probably wasn't ghey, because:

To be fair, as Top Gear once put it, this won't be the sort of car for someone who subscribes to Belt-Fed Machine Gun Enthusiast. You know, the sort of guy who goes shopping in a Dually the size of a train to buy more grills he doesn't need, a big guy who goes yeeaarghh under his breath when he presses the little button to operate his electric tailgate lift (which was part of the Tough Guy Convenience package that was on special if you leased in July). In hardtop form, the MiataX-5 would make a nice alternative to the GT86, which has always had a slight "filled-nappy" look to it around the back.
User avatar
artman
Master of Time
Posts: 2732
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: HERITAGE 2018

Post by artman » May 2nd 2018, 9:34pm

Pubbie wrote:
conjurer wrote:I passed a guy on the road who was driving a Mazda Miata, which is the ultimate ghey car for men--kind of like Subaru station wagons are ghey for women with lesbionic tendencies. Now, normally, I would have thought, Wow, that guy is super ghey because he's, you know, driving a Mazda Miata. In this case, however, the guy probably wasn't ghey, because:

To be fair, as Top Gear once put it, this won't be the sort of car for someone who subscribes to Belt-Fed Machine Gun Enthusiast. You know, the sort of guy who goes shopping in a Dually the size of a train to buy more grills he doesn't need, a big guy who goes yeeaarghh under his breath when he presses the little button to operate his electric tailgate lift (which was part of the Tough Guy Convenience package that was on special if you leased in July). In hardtop form, the MiataX-5 would make a nice alternative to the GT86, which has always had a slight "filled-nappy" look to it around the back.

I beg to differ. Ain't nuthin ghey about the 86.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Tissot”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests