Tissot Couturier

koimaster
Founder

Tissot Couturier

Post by koimaster » August 11th 2020, 12:31pm

All watch collectors have a “type” of watch they gravitate towards. I certainly do: I like my sport watches simple. I like my dress watches classically designed and small. I tend to stick to a type of watch, as can be seen from the choice of watches that have been reviewed.
However, I took a chance with this Tissot Couturier. This watch, by almost any metric, is one that’s so different that I thought I would likely never own it. Honestly, if Tissot didn’t produce this, I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger. The endorsement by one of the most reputable brands around convinced me. As is common in many things in life, going out on a limb paid off. The Couturier has surpassed my expectations.

https://www.affordablewristtime.com/art ... -couturier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQlE3K ... e=emb_logo

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tissot Couturier

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 11th 2020, 1:57pm

This one’s OK. Most of the Couturier line is, except the auto chrono - the Lemania 5100 was good, but its current 15-jewel version with plastic parts is notoriously unreliable and sucks cock.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 11th 2020, 8:01pm

conjurer wrote:
August 11th 2020, 1:12pm
Foggy had one of those.
As did I, black dial. Nice enough finishing on the watch, zero AR coating, thick as a brick, too heavy, wide ass bracelet vs case. Flipped it.

If had it to do over I would’ve given leather a go. Still would have likely delayed the inevitable. Just way too thick.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 11th 2020, 8:33pm

biglove wrote:
August 11th 2020, 8:01pm
conjurer wrote:
August 11th 2020, 1:12pm
Foggy had one of those.
As did I, black dial. Nice enough finishing on the watch, zero AR coating, thick as a brick, too heavy, wide ass bracelet vs case. Flipped it.

If had it to do over I would’ve given leather a go. Still would have likely delayed the inevitable. Just way too thick.
I do remember foggy had it in black. I liked that version far more, visually.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Tissot”