Tissot Heritage 1973 Chronograph

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Tissot Heritage 1973 Chronograph

Post by Racer-X » March 11th 2019, 2:24pm

"Today, Tissot surprised us by introducing a new mechanical chronograph. The Tissot Heritage 1973, where the number refers to the year when they first got involved in car racing.

Before 1973, Tissot had played a role already in car racing, by being on the wrist of Swiss driver Harry Zweifel in 1957. Later on, Tissot started to design and produce watches that were inspired by racing, most famous is their PR 516 model.

However, in 1973 Tissot really got involved by sponsoring Alpine in the Monte-Carlo rally. Thanks to the Berlinettes, Alpine (and thus Tissot) took all three podium positions and 5 of the first 6 positions were actually by them as well. Alpine also won the World Rally competition of that year, with Tissot prominently as a sponsor. From then on, Tissot sponsored the Team Renault Alpine in both 24-hours of Le Mans and in Formula 1."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/new-tissot-heritage-1973-chronograph/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tissot Heritage 1973 Chronograph

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 11th 2019, 5:34pm

I like it. Just a good-looking chrono, as 1970s as it gets.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tissot Heritage 1973 Chronograph

Post by bedlam » March 11th 2019, 9:17pm

Pretty damn good, but I prefer the similar Hamilton released last year.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi

Return to “Tissot”