Cuervo y Sobrinos Historiador Tradición

Watches from Other EU countries
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Cuervo y Sobrinos Historiador Tradición

Post by Racer-X » April 10th 2020, 12:56pm

"Ernest Hemingway was a Rolex man. For many years, it was famously an Oyster Perpetual, to be precise. But it’s not hard to picture the golden dial of the Historiador Tradición from Cuervo y Sobrinos strapped to his wrist, as the bullfighter, Nazi ass-kicker, and Nobel prize-winning novelist hunches over his old typewriter, pounding out Old Man and the Sea, a fresh mojito undoubtedly within fingertips’ reach while the horn section from a Benny Moré album echoes its brassy chorus from the other room.

See, the legendary author was, after all, once a client of Cuervo y Sobrinos (“Cuervo and nephews”) — a retailer that got its start in the late 19th century as the premier jeweler in Havana, Cuba. It was there that the family jeweler sold co-branded Rolex, Patek Philippe, and Longines watches, much like Tiffany has done throughout the years, to discerning clients like Winston Churchill and Clark Gable prior to the Cuban revolution. And as the story goes, one of those clients was also, indeed, Hemingway himself."

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/cuervo-y-s ... way-watch/

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Cuervo y Sobrinos Historiador Tradición

Post by conjurer » April 10th 2020, 1:50pm

The wartche is very pretty. The author of the story, some load named Zach Pina, is a fucking asshole. He gets, what, three paragraphs about Hemingway, who might well have bought a watch at the Cuban jewelers where this watch takes its name.

This is much like me writing I live on the west coast. So did Ashlyn Gere. So this means I may well have gotten a blowjob from Ashlyn Gere.

Fuck the hell off.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Cuervo y Sobrinos Historiador Tradición

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 10th 2020, 2:20pm

Yeah, it's a nice watch.

Puta madre! 3500 CHF?! Besame el culo, Cabron y Sordidos! Chinga tu madre, hijos de puta!
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “European Watch Making”