Bexei Watches: Some Of The Finest In The World

Watches from Other EU countries
koimaster
Founder

Bexei Watches: Some Of The Finest In The World

Post by koimaster » March 16th 2020, 8:22am

Aaron Becsei of Bexei watches is a fellow Hungarian and the only watchmaker in this tiny Central-European country who builds watches from scratch to finish. That already puts him in a rather unique position, but what makes him and his work really interesting from our point of view is that he actually makes some of the finest high-end watches, crafted to a level of quality that is on par with any large manufacture or famed independent. And if you think my patriotism is taking over my ability to judge in a non-partial way, then I urge you to read on, as we find out how one man can make some of the finest watches all by himself, one at a time, at a pace of less than half a dozen a year.

During the last 12 months, I have paid three visits to Aaron Becsei, and we both put the months that passed between my visits to good use. For one, all this time allowed him to craft a handful of pieces that make up his yearly production and are delivered to some discerning (and very private) collectors. Secondly, I have been trying for a long time to figure out the best possible way to present to you this young man and all that he does. For an article to take one year to write is as absurd as it is for an incredibly gifted craftsman like Aaron to produce less than 10 pieces a year and call it a step up in output… and yet, that is the truth in both cases.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bexei-watc ... e-hungary/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “European Watch Making”