Artisanal French Watchmaking

Watches from Other EU countries
koimaster
Founder

Artisanal French Watchmaking

Post by koimaster » July 26th 2018, 9:04am

After three years of designing, sawing, filing, and assembling, French watchmaker Cyril Brivet-Naudot has released Eccentricity, his first timepiece. Made entirely by hand without any numerically control machine, Brivet-Naudot’s Eccentricity features an original and mysterious time display with one rotating dial for the minutes with a second dial turning inside for the hours. In addition, it features a manual key-winding system, a nostalgic look back to the long history of watchmaking.

https://iwmagazine.com/featured-news/20 ... tchmaking/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Artisanal French Watchmaking

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » July 26th 2018, 3:47pm

By Jove, that's got to be the third time that I see this nice (in terms of finishing, not of design), but otherwise idiotic contraption here.

Artistry's artistry, but there's literally no justification for something quite as idiotic as a key-wound watch with no dust cover to protect the movement against sweat and all sorts of filth that can get inside the case through the holes for winding and setting arbors. Judging by the level of finishing on the watch, and that the movement was designed from scratch, that guy really could do something as simple as giving the watch a hinged dust cover.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 26th 2018, 8:37pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Artistry's artistry, but there's literally no justification for something quite as idiotic as a key-wound watch with no dust cover to protect the movement against sweat and all sorts of filth that can get inside the case through the holes for winding and setting arbors.

Imagine Bazinga! wearing this!!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 26th 2018, 11:23pm

bobbee wrote:I'm wondering if a simple plug is/could be utilized for the hole?

I would think that Bazinga! is well acquainted with plugs.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “European Watch Making”