M3440 Professional Uni-Compax Chrono - Swedish Brand Siduna

Watches from Other EU countries
Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

M3440 Professional Uni-Compax Chrono - Swedish Brand Siduna

Post by Racer-X » June 27th 2018, 9:50pm

"Sometimes I see a tribute watch and lament, “Yet another copy.” But there is sometimes a story behind a watch that makes a tribute—or homage, reissue, recreation, or whatever we decide to call it—special. The limited edition 42-millimeter, Valjoux 7750-equipped M3440 Professional Uni-compax Chronograph from Sweden’s Siduna may look nearly identical to other mid-century pilot chronographs, but its story is uniquely Swedish and rather compelling."

http://wornandwound.com/introducing-the-m3440-professional-uni-compax-chronograph-from-swedish-brand-siduna/
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: M3440 Professional Uni-Compax Chrono - Swedish Brand Sid

Post by conjurer » June 27th 2018, 10:16pm

Leave it to the stupid, ox-like Swedes to charge forty bucks for a fucking strap. There are a few things that came out of fucking Sweden that are all right, like Saab cars, ABBA, and hot blonds who like anal sex. This watch is not among the things that were all right. It's fucking gheyness. And I'm half Swede, the jagoffs.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Pubbie » June 28th 2018, 8:51am

3Flushes wrote:No thanks. And what's with that name?

It's an old Universal Geneve sub-brand for simple chronographs with sub-1 hour durations. Nothing to do with the number of subdials. That would be "uni-subdial", most people can't tell the difference. UG is now dead so it looks like it's been resurrected.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 28th 2018, 1:43pm

Interestingly enough, the watch doesn't blow. Available with a flyback function? That makes it more interesting, I guess.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “European Watch Making”