Yema Superman Heritage Watch Review

Watches from Other EU countries
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Yema Superman Heritage Watch Review

Post by koimaster » December 2nd 2019, 5:13pm

so who ended up purchasing one? I missed out since I am remodeling the house right now and cannot run up credit cards or spend $$$. I am somewhat pissed about it but such is life.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » December 2nd 2019, 8:46pm

That’s a fine looking watch. Very fine.

Impressions?
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » December 2nd 2019, 9:23pm

Good for You, svaglic!. When I look at these or at Dan Henry, I do ask myself whether I should not cash out on all the overpriced Vintage stuff and get me watches like this. Very nice!
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » December 2nd 2019, 10:44pm

I’m holding off writing on this because I’ve been busy. BUT, I don’t hate it and I don’t love it. For the price I got it at, I can’t complain. It’s time keeping has been +30seconds a day. The blue dial isn’t as blue as often as I would have hoped. I thought it would at least be a deep blue when not in the light, but it is black or charcoal. The lugs are long and it sits up high on the wrist with overlap on the left side of the wrist. Surprisingly it is comfortable and doesn’t feel awkward at all. I really like the indices, this style is my favorite for a dive watch. It’s easy to tell time at a glance, the lume is nice and not overwhelming. The hands are brighter than the indices, but it’s a nice subtle glow. The lume doesn’t last long, maybe twenty to thirty minutes. It’s machined well, nothing was overlooked in making the case. They skimped on the clasp, no push button, just a fold over with an over clasp. Other than that, the bracelet is made well, it is very comfortable and the brushed outer links mixed with the shined center links is a nice contrast. The end links kind of stick out past the lugs, I’ll switch out bracelets if I can find a nice 19mm that will work with it. I think a bracelet that flows from the end links (rather than sticking out) may conform better and have a better fit on my wrist. A 19mm sucks to find, so I’ll probably have this one on for a while.
The price was right, it looks good, has an in house movement and I have a watch from France. I’m not sure if I will trade it or keep it.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 3rd 2019, 9:16am

svaglic wrote:
December 2nd 2019, 10:44pm
I’m holding off writing on this because I’ve been busy. BUT, I don’t hate it and I don’t love it. For the price I got it at, I can’t complain. It’s time keeping has been +30seconds a day. The blue dial isn’t as blue as often as I would have hoped. I thought it would at least be a deep blue when not in the light, but it is black or charcoal. The lugs are long and it sits up high on the wrist with overlap on the left side of the wrist. Surprisingly it is comfortable and doesn’t feel awkward at all. I really like the indices, this style is my favorite for a dive watch. It’s easy to tell time at a glance, the lume is nice and not overwhelming. The hands are brighter than the indices, but it’s a nice subtle glow. The lume doesn’t last long, maybe twenty to thirty minutes. It’s machined well, nothing was overlooked in making the case. They skimped on the clasp, no push button, just a fold over with an over clasp. Other than that, the bracelet is made well, it is very comfortable and the brushed outer links mixed with the shined center links is a nice contrast. The end links kind of stick out past the lugs, I’ll switch out bracelets if I can find a nice 19mm that will work with it. I think a bracelet that flows from the end links (rather than sticking out) may conform better and have a better fit on my wrist. A 19mm sucks to find, so I’ll probably have this one on for a while.
The price was right, it looks good, has an in house movement and I have a watch from France. I’m not sure if I will trade it or keep it.
Nice, succinct and honest review. Well done!
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 3rd 2019, 12:15pm

Nice review. The good and the bad, a quick easy read.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras

Return to “European Watch Making”