PRS-25 Everest 36mm

Smiths, Speedbird, Precista
koimaster
Founder

PRS-25 Everest 36mm

Post by koimaster » December 14th 2018, 5:53pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: PRS-25 Everest 36mm

Post by conjurer » December 14th 2018, 6:08pm

For fuck's sakes. I'm not saying anything this time. The last time I did, I damned near fucked up the Special Relationship.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 14th 2018, 6:29pm

There are two things about this watch that grind my gears. First: the oversized logo, and this font is much less fitting than the 1940s-1950s one would be. Second - it's a clone of the Explorer ref.1016. A direct copy of such a simple dial design is simply a lack of creativity. One can easily use it as an inspiration, and make something that's not a clone. The original Smiths company had a lot of cool models throughout its history, so why the fuck did Timefactors need to copy a Rolex? Homage, hommidge, boring!!!
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 14th 2018, 6:30pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:There are two things about this watch that grind my gears. First: the oversized logo, and this font is much less fitting than the 1940s-1950s one would be. Second - it's a clone of the Explorer ref.1016. A direct copy of such a simple dial design is simply a lack of creativity. One can easily use it as an inspiration, and make something that's not a clone. The original Smiths company had a lot of cool models throughout its history, so why the fuck did Timefactors need to copy a Rolex? Homage, hommidge, boring!!!

And, the original Smiths Everest was a revolting piece of motherfucking shit. D'oh! There I go again.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 14th 2018, 6:43pm

conjurer wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:There are two things about this watch that grind my gears. First: the oversized logo, and this font is much less fitting than the 1940s-1950s one would be. Second - it's a clone of the Explorer ref.1016. A direct copy of such a simple dial design is simply a lack of creativity. One can easily use it as an inspiration, and make something that's not a clone. The original Smiths company had a lot of cool models throughout its history, so why the fuck did Timefactors need to copy a Rolex? Homage, hommidge, boring!!!

And, the original Smiths Everest was a revolting piece of motherfucking shit. D'oh! There I go again.

You mean this?
(not my pic, stole it from the Internets)

The truth is, Mr.Conjurer, that if I'd have one of these - on a good-looking strap to make it look even better - and show it off here at the joint, it'd give you a boner that'd destroy your zipper.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 14th 2018, 6:53pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
conjurer wrote:

You mean this?

The truth is, Mr.Conjurer, that if I'd have one of these - on a good-looking strap to make it look even better - and show it off here at the joint, it'd give you a boner that'd destroy your zipper.

No, sorry. I meant the original reissue Everest, viz:

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 14th 2018, 7:22pm

conjurer wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
conjurer wrote:

You mean this?

No, sorry. I meant the original reissue Everest, viz:

Aaaarggghhhh, the short hands... I agree. A revolting piece of motherfucking shite.

Return to “Smiths”