Ol’ Blue Eyes is Back

koimaster
Founder

Ol’ Blue Eyes is Back

Post by koimaster » October 21st 2020, 7:50pm

Continuing its series of timepieces in partnership with musicians and musical organizations, Bulova pays homage to iconic singer Frank Sinatra with 10 new, vintage-inspired watches, dispersed among four distinct design iterations, each named after a famous song by the artist. The collection includes the cushion-shaped “Fly Me to the Moon,” the rectangular “My Way,” the tonneau-style “Young at Heart,” and lastly the rounded “The Best is Yet to Come” model, also distinguished by its flared lugs. Each of the models includes an image of Sinatra’s hat and/or signature on the dial, an explicit form of third-party branding uncommon in full collections.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... w-watches/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Ol’ Blue Eyes is Back

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 21st 2020, 7:56pm

The cheapest of them - at almost 500 bucks - is way too pricey for what it is. Fuck, and I thought the MSRPs for basic quartz Tissots and Certinas were nasty. The ”My Way” tank models look good, though.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
SynMike
Founding Member

Post by SynMike » October 21st 2020, 9:16pm

I like this one:

But the Oris models are far nicer. I had 4 different ones 7-10 years ago.
I miss this one in the wrist shot:

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 21st 2020, 10:44pm

koimaster wrote:
October 21st 2020, 7:59pm
https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-frank ... -5-20-98fc

My preference is above
Damn skippy.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » October 22nd 2020, 4:32am

Oris oui, Bulova non.

Bulova is still dead to me.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 22nd 2020, 3:06pm

MAX wrote:
October 22nd 2020, 4:32am

Bulova is still dead to me.
Me, too.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 23rd 2020, 5:03pm

I just watched the Accutron presentation on the WatchTime event and those may be the most overpriced watches by any brand I've ever seen, beating out the quartz Tag Heuer Aquaracers by an eyelash. There is no way in hell those watches are worth the price they're asking. The casework is impressive, but even the most ardent Accutron fansaren't going to drop $4,000 for a reimagined Spaceview. It ain't happening.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 24th 2020, 9:36am

TemerityB wrote:
October 23rd 2020, 5:03pm
I just watched the Accutron presentation on the WatchTime event and those may be the most overpriced watches by any brand I've ever seen, beating out the quartz Tag Heuer Aquaracers by an eyelash. There is no way in hell those watches are worth the price they're asking. The casework is impressive, but even the most ardent Accutron fansaren't going to drop $4,000 for a reimagined Spaceview. It ain't happening.
^^^That.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 24th 2020, 1:02pm

TemerityB wrote:
October 23rd 2020, 5:03pm
Amen. Although frankly, upon having handled quartz TAG Heuers, I found them underwhelming to the point at which I wonder if their overpricing shouldn't by any chance be put ex aequo with the new Spaceview.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”