Bulova A-15

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Bulova A-15

Post by Racer-X » May 1st 2020, 11:22am

"...A watch is also a tactile and physical pleasure. Stopping, starting and resetting a chronograph. Watching the seconds hand fly around the dial in impossible to see tiny increments, with power generated not from electricity, like everything else in our lives, but through the motion of our own bodies as we wear the watch. This, in a lot of ways, is the pleasure that the Bulova A-15 taps into. The dual crowns, while ostensibly offering some added utility to time events and track another timezone, are at their core just good old fashioned fun to manipulate. If you’re constantly playing with your dive bezel in meetings, on the train, and in other places where it just doesn’t make sense, you’re going to like the A-15. "

http://wornandwound.com/review/hands-on-bulova-a-15/

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bulova A-15

Post by Thunder1 » May 1st 2020, 1:59pm

Here's mine, an earlier release w/ an ETA 2894-2(I think)..
Bulova AccuSwiss Type A-15 ETA2894-2 L.E.372 of 500 SS&Ti(1).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 1st 2020, 3:00pm

I like the looks of it, but frankly, the 82S-series Miyotas are a really lousy choice at that price point. Almost 700 bucks for something with that movement? Oh, fuck off. A basic SW-200, or maybe a Miyota 9015 would be a far better choice.
If I'd want to get a new watch with a somewhat basic auto inside, and with some interesting complication at the lowest possible price point, I'd take a 24h Vostok Komandirskie K-65 or 02-series over that one.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » May 2nd 2020, 3:05pm

I’m with Bloke on that - if it ain’t Swiss-sourced then the least - literally the LEAST - you should provide to the consumer should be a 9015. Otherwise, it comes across, to those that notice, as corner-cutting...
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » May 2nd 2020, 3:10pm

Nuvolari wrote:
May 2nd 2020, 3:05pm
I’m with Bloke on that - if it ain’t Swiss-sourced then the least - literally the LEAST - you should provide to the consumer should be a 9015. Otherwise, it comes across, to those that notice, as corner-cutting...
Yeppers..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”