Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Rusty
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Post by Rusty » January 23rd 2020, 6:06pm

It appears that Bulova is readying a diver chrono for release soon. It is called Chronograph A but is nicknamed The Surfboard. It will be available in two models: a quartz version (see above) listed for $695 with two different dials and several strap options and a $3000 automatic model that will be available with a stainless bracelet.

I recall before the company released the Oceanographer aka Devil Diver, Bulova ran an online contest to see if buyers preferred the diver or a chrono. It looks like the chronograph's time is near.

https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/98 ... ls#start=8
https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/98 ... s#start=11

Scroll down for the complete array of models: https://www.bulova.com/us/en/collection/new-arrivals/

Opinions?
Last edited by Rusty on January 23rd 2020, 6:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Master of Time

Re: Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Post by Rusty » January 23rd 2020, 6:16pm

Yup! Remember when the Bulova Lunar Pilot was introduced several years ago, the list price caused many to swallow hard but now you can find them for a couple hundred dollars.

Hopefully Bulova will get the word out to dealers because many locally didn't have a clue when I inquired about that watch. Of course, most of the sales people locally don't have a clue about anything.
Last edited by Rusty on January 24th 2020, 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » January 23rd 2020, 6:48pm

Rusty wrote:
January 23rd 2020, 6:16pm
Yup! Remember when the Bulova Astronaut was introduced several years ago, the list price caused many to swallow hard but now you can find them for a couple hundred dollars. Hopefully Bulova will get the word out to dealers because many locally didn't have a clue when I inquired about that watch.
Just noticed that the chrono auto w/b a 'Limited Edition' of 250 or so..so, possibly no(or not much) of a price drop.. :roll:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 24th 2020, 9:22am

I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams paying three large for a modern Bulova, regardless of the cool retro design.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » January 24th 2020, 11:18am

As you may know, Bulova is dead to me. Precisionist is the only watch I have had die on me in less than a year.

Ill keep loving my old Accutrons.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”