Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Rusty
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Post by Rusty » January 23rd 2020, 6:06pm

It appears that Bulova is readying a diver chrono for release soon. It is called Chronograph A but is nicknamed The Surfboard. It will be available in two models: a quartz version (see above) listed for $695 with two different dials and several strap options and a $3000 automatic model that will be available with a stainless bracelet.

I recall before the company released the Oceanographer aka Devil Diver, Bulova ran an online contest to see if buyers preferred the diver or a chrono. It looks like the chronograph's time is near.

https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/98 ... ls#start=8
https://www.bulova.com/us/en/product/98 ... s#start=11

Scroll down for the complete array of models: https://www.bulova.com/us/en/collection/new-arrivals/

Opinions?
Last edited by Rusty on January 23rd 2020, 6:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Master of Time

Re: Upcoming Bulova Chronograph A aka The Surfboard

Post by Rusty » January 23rd 2020, 6:16pm

Yup! Remember when the Bulova Lunar Pilot was introduced several years ago, the list price caused many to swallow hard but now you can find them for a couple hundred dollars.

Hopefully Bulova will get the word out to dealers because many locally didn't have a clue when I inquired about that watch. Of course, most of the sales people locally don't have a clue about anything.
Last edited by Rusty on January 24th 2020, 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 23rd 2020, 6:17pm

Great size. But alas,my chrono days are done. I wish they would be more specific as to what movements they use.I assume Miyota for the quartz and Sellita/ETA for the chrono.

The auto is a chunky monkey at 38.5 mm amd nearly 17 mm thick.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » January 23rd 2020, 6:48pm

Rusty wrote:
January 23rd 2020, 6:16pm
Yup! Remember when the Bulova Astronaut was introduced several years ago, the list price caused many to swallow hard but now you can find them for a couple hundred dollars. Hopefully Bulova will get the word out to dealers because many locally didn't have a clue when I inquired about that watch.
Just noticed that the chrono auto w/b a 'Limited Edition' of 250 or so..so, possibly no(or not much) of a price drop.. :roll:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » January 24th 2020, 11:18am

As you may know, Bulova is dead to me. Precisionist is the only watch I have had die on me in less than a year.

Ill keep loving my old Accutrons.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”