Hands-on: The Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver

koimaster
Founder

Hands-on: The Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver

Post by koimaster » January 1st 2020, 10:23pm

by Justin Mastine-Frost on December 31, 2019

As always, it seems like there are fewer hours in the day and days in the month than there should be. Amidst the backlog that is Watchuseek content I found myself staring at a screen—working on something that I simply didn’t have the heart for—and decided my last hours of 2019 deserved to be spent on something with passion and motivation behind it. This, my friends, is the last hands-on review of 2019; this is the Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver.

https://www.watchuseek.com/bulova-ocean ... EZ1tv4q38M

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Hands-on: The Bulova Oceanographer Devil Diver

Post by conjurer » January 2nd 2020, 12:06am

There are several reviews that need me to take ‘pen to paper’ soon, but as I stared into my personal watch collection this piece immediately sprung to mind. It’s one that I added to my personal collection not long after the initial review period this fall, and though said collection is anything but short on dive watches, the funky green Devil Diver still gets a fair amount of wrist time though we’re well past the “honeymoon phase”. Of the many benefits of still having the piece on hand, it has allowed for a deeper dive, so to speak, into the characteristics and quirks of the well-priced piece.

Shut the fuck up, you fucking goof, and stop whipping yourself off like a fucking mental patient over the shit you post on the fucking internet, you fucking moron.

Regarding the watch, it's absurd what Bullie's asking for it. A cheap, ancient fucking Miyota movement that almost nobody even bothers with anymore. Bulova can suck my fucking dick.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 6th 2020, 6:47am

I have one due in today. I finally saw one pre-owned, made an offer and got it for a good price for what it is. Randys seal of approval was also an enabling factor. I have become more tolerant of the Miyota 821 series movements lately, based on recent purchases of a Bulova Yankee Clipper and Timex Navi XL. Non hacking is actually pretty easy to hack. A little bigger than I've been gravitating to but I miss having a bigger diver and love the vintage vibe.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » January 6th 2020, 4:31pm

Just in.
Initial thoughts after about an hou:
I like it for less than half it's MSRP.
Not recommended for those bothered by fingerprints and smudges (I'm not)-most of it is high polish.

The thing they call a cyclops would be better left off.

Unlike many-I like the bracelet. It has a vintage feel. If you've ever had a vintage 70's bracelet you know what I mean.

It wears very comfortably and the lugless design helps.

I'll take more pics in a couple of weeks.

Keeper.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 6th 2020, 10:13pm

Looks great! A great value at any price, and a true legendary movement under the hood. All the naysayers can suck my dick!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”