Hands on with the Bulova Curv

TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hands on with the Bulova Curv

Post by TemerityB » February 14th 2017, 9:01pm

I really liked this one at first glance - a modern look that somehow managed to be traditional at the same time. Plus, the UHF movement is kinda ginchy.

Then I saw the caseback and, well, that was that. I've been way, way down on Bulova ever since the moved the HQ to Manhattan; haven't agreed with a single new product they've brought out or an existing brand they've changed. This new model is promising, but I just can't cotton to it. They're getting closer.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » February 15th 2017, 2:19am

jason_recliner wrote:What was wrong with them, Jaw? They look great in the pics.

Felt and looked cheap and flimsy. I was really disappointed, cause I really liked the design above. Mall watches. Probably great for someone's high school graduation or some such.
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 15th 2017, 11:23am

jaw wrote:
Felt and looked cheap and flimsy. I was really disappointed, cause I really liked the design above. Mall watches. Probably great for someone's high school graduation or some such.

Totally in agreement - I did the same thing at the same place. Other than the Moon Watch...I don't understand what Bulova is doing, especially watering down the Precisionist movement and later jettisoning their Swiss division. And that Caravelle stuff looks and feels like Larry Magen should be selling them.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » February 16th 2017, 10:20am

TemerityB wrote:
jaw wrote:

Totally in agreement - I did the same thing at the same place. Other than the Moon Watch...I don't understand what Bulova is doing, especially watering down the Precisionist movement and later jettisoning their Swiss division. And that Caravelle stuff looks and feels like Larry Magen should be selling them.

Mall watches best described them, hate the price too....
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » May 9th 2019, 8:17am

I just had a chance to see one of these in Eugene the other day. Cheap and it looked to me (the chronograph) was a half hearted attempt to make a watch similar to the spaceview as you can see the quartz movement through the dial. As TB mentioned in the original thread, very cheap looking and feeling.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » May 9th 2019, 9:47am

Once one of my favorite brands, no more Bulova watches for me since the quartz movement in my Precisionist failed. Not just that, styling has slipped badly also.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » May 9th 2019, 9:52am

MAX wrote:Once one of my favorite brands, no more Bulova watches for me since the quartz movement in my Precisionist failed. Not just that, styling has slipped badly also.

I like the lunar pilot I purchased from foghorn a year or so ago, the snorkel, Oceanographer devil diver 666 are not bad either but the rest I can pass on.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Bulova & Accutron”