The Admiral Spunk Passaround in PacNW!

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

The Admiral Spunk Passaround in PacNW!

Post by conjurer » July 17th 2015, 10:30am

Got this last week from foggy. Impressions:

Nice, light watch. Decent polishing on the case. Kinda NATO strap that, unlike most NATOs, I don't totally fucking hate. The Indiglo feature is cool. Very easy to read dial, but no date makes it dead to me. Accuracy is what you'd assume from quartz--it lost maybe a second over the week I had it.

I wore it around the house and then for a day. A great deal for thirty three bucks, but when I was wearing it I felt like I wanted to wear something better--comparing this to, say, my Orient Mako, the Mako was a much nicer watch (that cost $100 more) or a Seiko 5er, these are watches I could wear every day if I had to.

Verdict: A great watch for kids (assuming they didn't destroy it) or a gift for a non-WIS.

Here is a shot of it with some real Pacific Northwest trees in the background:

Soon to be on its way to the dismal swamps of Louisiana!
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Admiral Spunk Passaround in PacNW!

Post by TemerityB » July 17th 2015, 1:13pm

This is gonna be the dumbest thing I'll ever admit to on this site:

I see the backs of Timex and Casio watches where it tells you the type of battery it takes, and the first thing I always think is this:

"Cool."

Honestly, that's what I think whenever I see that. I guess it's the perspective of someone who changes his own batteries on his cheap stuff; takes the guesswork out of it.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » July 17th 2015, 1:17pm

Not too late to join the list of dubious hosts for what may end up as the most travelled watch in history. The list to date:

1)Foghorn
2)Conjurer
3)Big Love
4) tiktok
5)gerdson
6)Tziminces
7)smellody

Remember- it is the Admirals host who has to contact and make travel arrangements with the next in line.

Show him a good time and be sure to take a picture of the admiral in a site indicative of your geographical area for the travel report. (No cheeto bags or toilets please-remember the Admiral has many miles to traverse.

So far Admiral Spunk has already made a cross country trek. With miles to go before he sleeps.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » July 17th 2015, 1:43pm

With awful humidity and heat indices in the 115F range, it's too hot and humid for a safe Cheetos test.

There may be a hand sanitizer or Lysol wipes test, which has nothing to do with Conjoiner's masturbatory comment.

Last edited by biglove on July 17th 2015, 2:11pm, edited 2 times in total.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 17th 2015, 1:46pm

foghorn wrote:Show him a good time and be sure to take a picture of the admiral in a site indicative of your geographical area for the travel report. (No cheeto bags or toilets please-remember the Admiral has many miles to traverse.

Well, I certainly showed him a good time. BTW, that nylon strap cleans up pretty good, I reckon.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » July 17th 2015, 4:35pm

If it goes to Guam we need someone willing to send it there. So far tiktok is the only one willing to go through the endless paperwork and stress of overseas shipping and he's sending it to gerdson.
Who else will join the inaugural WL passaround? Admiral Spunk may very well become a thing of legend! Step- up Lords.Show Spunk to get Spunk.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » July 17th 2015, 10:05pm

Once it's back in the U.S. have that guy send it to me, and I'll show the Admiral good time.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Mark1

Post by Mark1 » July 18th 2015, 6:20am

That's a beyouteefull wartch. Is that a Douglas Fir or Western Hemlock in the background? Send me the wartch and I will take it hiking in the Cascades or kayaking.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 18th 2015, 8:10am

Mark1 wrote:That's a beyouteefull wartch. Is that a Douglas Fir or Western Hemlock in the background? Send me the wartch and I will take it hiking in the Cascades or kayaking.

I believe the tree is a Douglas Hemlock. Or a Western Fir. I don't know what the fuck it is. It's a big stick with leaves on it.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » July 18th 2015, 8:13am

conjurer wrote:
Mark1 wrote:That's a beyouteefull wartch. Is that a Douglas Fir or Western Hemlock in the background? Send me the wartch and I will take it hiking in the Cascades or kayaking.

I believe the tree is a Douglas Hemlock. Or a Western Fir. I don't know what the fuck it is. It's a big stick with leaves on it.

FuR treez don't knot have leeves yew dammed fewl!!
They have Dr. NEedleS!!!!

Return to “Admiral Spunk Travels”