New Timex Guy Here

Giclee1dotcom]
Facebook ID: 0

New Timex Guy Here

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 11th 2020, 7:44am

Hi all, new member and first post here.

I recently became infected with the Timex bug when I decided to resurrect a Timex watch I inherited from my grandfather when he passed in 2002 at the age of 102. He purchased this watch sometime in the 1990's and it's been sitting in a box on top of my dresser not running since I received it.

It was a real mess with the crystal all scratched up and the oem expanding style bracelet was even worse. I was relieved to see the old battery hadn't leaked so I popped in a new one and she started ticking again and the indiglo worked as well. I assumed the crystal was acrylic and I had a tube of polywatch from my speedmaster days so I was able to bring the crystal back to like new. I ordered a gray Eulit Perlon strap which I think looks fantastic on this watch!

I have other watches, mainly Seiko, Citizen and Casio but there was just something about this old Timex, besides the sentimental value which caused me to look at other currently available models and I ended up with two more which I'll post later but for now here's the old girl.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: New Timex Guy Here

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 11th 2020, 8:31am

Well, hello there.

I fully understand the Timex sentiment. Got two Timexes myself - an Expedition (bought it when I was a teenager), and the MK1 (36mm black resin case, a reissue of the Camper).
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 11th 2020, 8:40am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
June 11th 2020, 8:31am
Well, hello there.

I fully understand the Timex sentiment. Got two Timexes myself - an Expedition (bought it when I was a teenager), and the MK1 (36mm black resin case, a reissue of the Camper).
:Thumbsup:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis
Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 11th 2020, 8:49am

bbattle wrote:
June 11th 2020, 8:40am
Timex is a great brand. Something for everyone; especially if you are on a budget.
Well I'm on a budget but my budget is considerably more than what most Timex can be had for. There's just something about them that I'm drawn to.

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » June 11th 2020, 11:44am

Welcome Giclee1dotcom] to the best darn watch forum on the internet.

Kinda a novelty for a member from NorthEast USA to proudly displaying his/her quartz Timex(s) here. :Thumbsup: :bvbvbv:

Indiglo is the bomb! Have you also looked into some of their cartoon dialed watches or perhaps own some of those bad boys??

By the way, post count is important here so please post often.....and if you can start a WURW thread before anyone else, the post count is doubled.
You can thank me later.

Respectfully, codguy

Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 11th 2020, 11:57am

codguy wrote:
June 11th 2020, 11:44am
Welcome Giclee1dotcom] to the best darn watch forum on the internet.

Kinda a novelty for a member from NorthEast USA to proudly displaying his/her quartz Timex(s) here. :Thumbsup: :bvbvbv:

Indiglo is the bomb! Have you also looked into some of their cartoon dialed watches or perhaps own some of those bad boys??

By the way, post count is important here so please post often.....and if you can start a WURW thread before anyone else, the post count is doubled.
You can thank me later.

Ha, thanks for the welcome codguy and I'll thank you now for the tip! Not into the cartoon dialed watches but on another note I'm a huge Rush Limbaugh fan. Been listening to him everyday for many years. Hoping he can beat his illness.

Respectfully, codguy

Giclee1dotcom]

Post by Giclee1dotcom] » June 12th 2020, 7:40am

3Flushes wrote:
June 12th 2020, 7:32am
I do loves me an Indiglo although I'm a serigraph man so we'll see how it goes.

Welcome to Watchlords- the joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.
:Thumbsup:

Return to “Timex”