The Seagull “Four Seasons”

koimaster
Founder

The Seagull “Four Seasons”

Post by koimaster » June 20th 2020, 7:27pm

These new X-rated limited editions from Seagull may be the horniest watches ever, err, conceived

Greetings, fellow travellers. Here at Scottish Watches, we know all too well how mystifying and intimidating it can be to traverse the vast kingdom of weird and wonderful watches otherwise known as AliExpress. Fear not, for help is at hand. Let us be your guides, as we venture forth together into parts unknown. This is AliExpress Adventures.

The world of Chinese watchmaking is frequently dismissed entirely by watch enthusiasts and collectors in the west, with an attitude that can be described as naïve western exceptionalism at best, and outright Sinophobic racism at its worst. China’s standing as the “The World’s Factory”, and the global economic conditions that make it the manufacturing go-to for western microbrands pushing low-cost landfill fodder, have seemingly led many to assume that there are no “real” watchmakers amongst its one-billion-plus population. This is, of course, is total guff, and the sheer range of products offered by Tianjin Seagull Watch Group- the largest manufacturer of mechanical movements in China and, indeed, the entire world- is merely the tip of the iceberg. From the cult favourite 1963 chronograph all the way up to tourbillons and minute repeaters, there’s wild stuff going on across all price points, although the brand is generally not recommended for Aberdonians. This all brings us quite neatly to their new Four Seasons limited editions, for which “wild” is certainly the operative word.

http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/2020/0 ... 2WWhDnYh2g

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000836 ... 70-_ePNSNV

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Seagull “Four Seasons”

Post by AlbertaTime » June 20th 2020, 8:18pm

I like my Jintuofei just fine, and for a lot less, complete with the "help is at hand" case back ;-)

viewtopic.php?t=26604
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “Tianjin Seagull”