Louis Vuitton Escale Time Zone - Oh Archie!

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Louis Vuitton Escale Time Zone - Oh Archie!

Post by koimaster » June 6th 2019, 8:34am

A fashionable watch with a watchmaking heart – the Louis Vuitton Escale Time Zone

“In terms of haute horlogerie complications we could do anything we like at Louis Vuitton – and we certainly have the means to do so. But that’s not our approach. What we do is deeply rooted in classical horology, but every piece needs to have an original twist that has real meaning for the Maison.” So says Michel Navas who, together with Enrico Barbasini, is the technical brains behind Louis Vuitton watchmaking.

The Escale Time Zone perfectly illustrates this. Introduced in 2015 (with a version in tones of blue and grey last year), it looks unlike any travel time watch that preceded it. Or, more precisely, that preceded Louis Vuitton’s Escale Worldtime, released a year earlier.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/louis-vu ... ne-review/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Louis Vuitton Escale Time Zone - Oh Archie!

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 6th 2019, 10:43am

I'm not sure what do I hate more, their bags or their watches. That said, it's only fair to say that I fucking hate Louis Vuitton as a whole.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » June 6th 2019, 12:37pm

I don't know about their watches but I have an LV Taiga collection leather document case that Mme. F. bought for me in 1995. I've hauled it all over the world and though nicely worn now, it still looks good and if anything, the leather is even more supple. I have to say that the quality is impeccable. Not many consumer goods that I can say that about - especially after 24 years of use.
"One string puppet shows amuse your sycophantic friends, who cheer your rancid recipes in fear they might offend...."

King Crimson - Lizard: Indoor Games
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » June 6th 2019, 3:35pm

That watch has swag. Other than the huge branding it is beautiful piece of jewelry and LV watches are a value proposition if you ignore resale, they call on Zenith for all the innards workings. Bet they sell a boat load in UAE.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 6th 2019, 6:07pm

Falstaff wrote:I don't know about their watches but I have an LV Taiga collection leather document case that Mme. F. bought for me in 1995. I've hauled it all over the world and though nicely worn now, it still looks good and if anything, the leather is even more supple. I have to say that the quality is impeccable. Not many consumer goods that I can say that about - especially after 24 years of use.

Yep. If even reasonably cared for, their leather goods in daily use will outlive most of us.
"I'll give you 5 bucks to spank me with a dead duck!"-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » June 7th 2019, 3:04am

This is a good time for me to say that I am a gender preference minority in my workplace and my daughter likes women. The word ghey is a contemporary word of ignorance. Using it flippantly is pretty lame and I've done it myself but try not to...
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » June 7th 2019, 3:14am

tiktok wrote:This is a good time for me to say that I am a gender preference minority in my workplace and my daughter likes women. The word ghey is a contemporary word of ignorance. Using it flippantly is pretty lame and I've done it myself but try not to...

Point well made. I'm guilty of it too.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » June 7th 2019, 5:58am

I have a weak spot for GMTs and world timers generally but not so much that one. It reminds me of something Mondrian would have designed if he didn't care what time it was. As the writer suggests readable multi-zone dials may indeed be "a bit of a cliché" but that's not necessarily a bad thing if the cliché works.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee

Return to “Fashion Watch Brands”