In the Haus with the new Bau Swatch Collection

Fashion brands such as Gucci, Hermes' and similar are here
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

In the Haus with the new Bau Swatch Collection

Post by koimaster » August 14th 2019, 10:44am

The Bauhaus design philosophy has had significant impact on a number of watch designs over the years, including from Patek Philippe, Nomos and Stowa. Now Swatch have joined the fray, with an appropriately designed collection that celebrates the different elements of the design school’s ideas.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/in-the-h ... ollection/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: In the Haus with the new Bau Swatch Collection

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 15th 2019, 7:17pm

When I saw these, especially that chrono, my first thought was Alain Silberstein alright, and I fucking hate Silberstein's watches. The second thought was Piet Mondrian, and I fucking hate his paintings.

By extension, I don't like these, either.

There were so many good-looking Bauhaus-style watches once... 1930s Stowas, the Junghans Max Bill, and countless dress watches from the late 1930s up to the late 1940s. Currently, guess that'd be Nomos and Stowa's Antea line. And Swatch decided to go with this pile of fucking rubbish?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » August 15th 2019, 7:41pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 15th 2019, 7:17pm
The second thought was Piet Mondrian, and I fucking hate his paintings.
Even his early stuff? Some of it is exceptional. Some people have only see his later populist work.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 15th 2019, 7:53pm

conjurer wrote:
August 15th 2019, 7:36pm
You hate Mondrian? The fuck's the matter with you??
I'm somehow reluctant of the idea of a few rectangles being art. If that's art, then, well, with all the uninspiring shit I've drawn in art classes at primary school, my only problem by now should be too many art groupies.

To me, that stuff kind of belongs on the wall of a loo. Just like with that Kippenberger "sculpture", which a gallery janitor took for a mess left by construction workers, and threw it in the bin. And Pollock? The next time I get jaked to the point of puking, bring me a canvas, not a bucket, and I'll put the bastard to shame.

I'm certifiably the last person to say anything good of modern art. Not like I hate all of it. Just, most of it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 15th 2019, 7:58pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 15th 2019, 7:53pm
conjurer wrote:
I'm somehow reluctant of the idea of a few rectangles being art. If that's art, then, well, with all the uninspiring shit I've drawn in art classes at primary school, my only problem by now should be too many art groupies.

To me, that stuff kind of belongs on the wall of a loo. Just like with that Kippenberger "sculpture", which a gallery janitor took for a mess left by construction workers, and threw it in the bin. And Pollock? The next time I get jaked to the point of puking, bring me a canvas, not a bucket, and I'll put the bastard to shame.

I'm certifiably the last person to say anything good of modern art. Not like I hate all of it. Just, most of it.
Take it easy, Mr. Blokenheimer. I was just breaking your balls a little bit.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » August 15th 2019, 11:35pm

I reserve comment for only the gaudy red Swatch:
It’s not a fucking FACE - it’s a gawddamn watch DIAL. A FACE is where your ugly smiles come from, a DIAL offers scale for time elapsing, and a good one also contrasts quality hands.

Please take note and make adjustments accordingly.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 16th 2019, 2:03pm

conjurer wrote:
August 15th 2019, 7:58pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
August 15th 2019, 7:53pm
conjurer wrote:

Take it easy, Mr. Blokenheimer. I was just breaking your balls a little bit.
I know. But I'd just hate to disappoint by not ranting. That'd be so unlike me that I may vomit.
H.P. Lovecraft

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 17th 2019, 8:01pm

conjurer wrote:
August 16th 2019, 2:18pm
Mr. Bloke is like a Polish Jason_Recliner!!
I think you might have mentioned certain similarities between me and Toby on another occasion - I think it might have been when I was bashing some Kickstarter spammer here (as I usually do; alas, no recent opportunities to do so). Speaking of Toby, does anyone know what's going on with him? As he recommended, I did try some really good Riesling from Oz, though unfortunately not from the region he mentioned (Clare Valley, if my memory serves me well).
H.P. Lovecraft

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 18th 2019, 8:09am

I believe that Alain has been in touch with Toby; alas, the Recliner has gone walkabout, as they say in the Land Down Under.

Someday he may return, and will be welcomed by all Lords, as he was a born Asshat.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 19th 2019, 7:57am

conjurer wrote:
August 18th 2019, 8:09am
I believe that Alain has been in touch with Toby; alas, the Recliner has gone walkabout, as they say in the Land Down Under.

Someday he may return, and will be welcomed by all Lords, as he was a born Asshat.
Well, I shall drink to Toby's return, then.
H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Fashion Watch Brands”