New Orient Divers

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

New Orient Divers

Post by conjurer » January 16th 2018, 4:48pm

Model #s: RA-EL0001B, black (shown, pics stolen from Orient's website), RA-EL0002B, black with gold accents, and RA-EL0002L, blue.

I like these because they're smaller than the M-Force divers (these are supposed to be around 43.5mm), they've gone back to the 4 o'clock crown, the cases look like a mini OS300, sapphire glass, hand-wind and hack movement, simple oyster bracelet. Watches88 out of KL has 'em priced around $440, so they're about in the M-Force range without having the stupid M-Force logo on the dial.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

Re: New Orient Divers

Post by bedlam » January 16th 2018, 4:50pm

Finally a mini OS300! Could do with less flourish in the power reserve indicator, but otherwise it looks good. Nice case and bezel.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 16th 2018, 8:53pm

Racer-X wrote:Probably in the minority, but I like the PR.

Me, too.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 16th 2018, 9:03pm

It's taken me a bit of restraint (being sober helps) not to order the blue dial version from Watches88; I still have some debt from Christmas on my credit card I want to pay off.

From the price point, this might be the great mid-priced diver that Orient's not been able to make since they discontinued the Revolver at least ten years ago. They went with the M-Force lines, which were pretty good, but they never got it quite right with them; either the bracelets were shit (literally, one I had fell apart on my wrist) or they were too big, or they just looked dumb. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that this one looks a tad generic, like the 007, maybe. I agree that the power reserve helps set it apart, and it's an Orient. The PR is their thing.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 17th 2018, 1:14am

If the bracelet holds up these are sharp, stand-out divers for a decent price that can only come down after they've been out for a while. I'd buy onea these babies.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner

Return to “Orient”