The Collector’s View: Review of the Orient Bambino

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Collector’s View: Review of the Orient Bambino

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 1st 2017, 3:51pm

Guess it could be a bit smaller, 38-39mm would be enough, methinks...

Not quite sure about the crystal, but a domed mineral one isn't a good idea, IMO... Will gather a lot of scratches, only unlike with hesalite, Polywatch won't help.

Otherwise, a beautiful watch.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » March 1st 2017, 4:39pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Guess it could be a bit smaller, 38-39mm would be enough, methinks...

Not quite sure about the crystal, but a domed mineral one isn't a good idea, IMO... Will gather a lot of scratches, only unlike with hesalite, Polywatch won't help.

It's wasn't purchased as a daily wearer, so the scratch issue wouldn't loom large.

I just can't like gold on a watch anyway, but a cheap gold watch seems like an even worse idea.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » March 1st 2017, 5:24pm

bedlam wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Guess it could be a bit smaller, 38-39mm would be enough, methinks...

It's wasn't purchased as a daily wearer, so the scratch issue wouldn't loom large.

I just can't like gold on a watch anyway, but a cheap gold watch seems like an even worse idea.

Now, if the watch is solid gold, that is another story for me. Few things are sexier than a gold Rolex. Gold plate/fusion/coating/filled is another story entirely. Never looks right.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 1st 2017, 5:32pm

Well, if we're talking about gold... I tend to get a gold-plated watch when a) it's a bargain b) it's collectible. I don't think I would ever buy a contemporary gold plated watch... The Orient certainly looks nice, as I've already said, but durability-wise, I'd prefer the steel version.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Orient”