Mitchell Timepieces Raider pilot watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
koimaster
Founder

Mitchell Timepieces Raider pilot watch

Post by koimaster » March 17th 2020, 9:51am

The Brand
Mitchell Timepieces was developed through my passion for watches and military aircraft. While we label ourselves a Pilot brand, we offer aviation inspired pieces as well. Our pilot watches will feature aspects of both historic and modern designs, bringing our take on the modern pilots while tying in inspiration from various military aircraft.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... ilot-watch

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Mitchell Timepieces Raider pilot watch

Post by bbattle » March 17th 2020, 10:52am

That looks awfully familiar.

REAL FAMILIAR
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48219&p=477745&hil ... ge#p477745

I see in his comments section that somebody has started forum threads about this watch.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f7/mitche ... 27417.html

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/ ... es-raider/

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php? ... ght=raider

Since I can't find a way to respond to this blatant rip-off of the Hamilton on the startkicker page, I'll mosey over to see if anyone else has mentioned this.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 17th 2020, 7:44pm

Inspired by Doolittle's raid on Tokyo, powered by a Miyota. Am I the only one to think that it's pretty fucking ironic?

Oh, and the watch is a mutt of the current Zenith Pilot and the Hanhart Pioneer (maybe also some Hammies, as Mr. Battle observed), only done badly. Fuck it in the ear.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » March 17th 2020, 11:49pm

I swear to god, Alain must post these threads just to get my fucking blood pressure up. Who the fuck would buy one of these pieces of motherfucking shit, when they could get another watch, from a real fucking company, for the same fucking money or less?

Well, I'm off. I turned a bunch of fresh Cabriole table legs, and I'll select one that's particularly well finished, with a fine patina and marbling or whatever the fuck they talk about with solid wood table legs that make them look nice. I'll light a cigarette, pour a generous portion of Canadian Club, mute CNN with their fucking non-stop COVID-fucking-19 coverage, and then, dry, I'll hammer the Cabriole table leg up my fucking ass.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » March 19th 2020, 7:08am

Damn!!..just now seeing this thread!!..guess I can relate a little more to the Rolex Sub owners now..will have to say that the finishing on the Mitchell's hands is a bit on the rough side..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 19th 2020, 1:07pm

After reading that WUS thread, I believe that this KAS-something fellow is likely a shill for Mitchell.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » March 19th 2020, 6:23pm

the KAS character has invested money in the startkicker watch and has taken it upon himself to start threads and monitor them (at least that Watchuseek one). His actions border on those that try to "pump and dump" penny stocks by touting them on stock forums all over the internet.

His name is Kevin Slegg.
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » March 20th 2020, 10:08am

codguy wrote:
March 20th 2020, 9:55am
I like the B-25 DNA metal used in this here watch and the Star on the dial is reminiscent of some another obscure brand.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger but it is tempting............
shame I'm in the NBZ
I have seen that logo before also, long time ago. I think those guys went broke.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”