Second Hour Gin Clear Diver

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
koimaster
Founder

Second Hour Gin Clear Diver

Post by koimaster » March 2nd 2020, 9:20am

Second Hour Watches is preparing a Kickstarter campaign for its debut model, the Gin Clear Diver. I'll admit, I had never heard the term "gin clear" before. I get it, of course. "Gin clear water" is easy to picture, even if I prefer the view through my gin to be blurred by tonic water bubbles and a wedge of lime. For this review, Second Hour gave me a turn with one of their traveling prototypes, decked out in a lovely Pastel Blue.

The Gin Clear Diver's case measures 41.5mm across and 49mm long. A 42.5mm bezel increases the size a touch; the extra millimeter making it that much easier to grab the 120-click bezel. Thickness from the case back to the top of the domed sapphire crystal is 13.5mm, and lug-to-lug length is 49mm. Its H-link bracelet is 22mm at the fitted end-links, tapering to a 20mm signed, flip-lock, push-button clasp. All the links are solid, screwed, and reassuringly weighty. The whole package is by no means small, but properly sporty given its status as a 200m diver, and it is still a reasonable fit on my 6.75" wrist.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2020/03/secon ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Second Hour Gin Clear Diver

Post by biglove » March 2nd 2020, 5:47pm

Stock parts, a little custom print on the dial and a nice markup. Meh.

The 4 and 8 markers make me want to gouge my eyeballs out. That’s just sick.

There is more wrong but I can’t keep looking at those messed up hour markers. Assholes!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Second Hour Gin Clear Diver

Post by bbattle » March 31st 2020, 7:06am

Those 4 and 8 o'clock markers do not work for me but they claim to love them on their website.

The embossed writing on the dial does not look good; it looks blurry.

That crown looks mighty difficult to use. The gold edging on the hands is a bit much for a dive watch and doesn't work for me at all on the second hand. Don't see too many 8 point snowflakes on the tail end of the second hand; it's a bit much.

The colors don't bother me, some are decent. I like the flat crystal.

Their problem is that my Timex dial is cleaner and better thought out than theirs and the Timex cost me $120. The dozens of other dive watches that are better buys than a no-name stumblekicker doesn't help, either.

If they keep the price at their starterkick price, $399, they will sell enough to keep going.

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”