Ventus Northstar

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Ventus Northstar

Post by svaglic » October 25th 2019, 1:06pm

It’s made well and has good specs.

Decent blue leather two watch carrier, I hesitate to call it a roll, more of a fold. It seems pretty well made and will protect a couple of watches. The 40mm is a tight fit, I’m pretty sure trying anything larger would be a waste of time. I know leather stretches, but it would take some time for this to stretch because it is thick and stiff.

Comes on a silicone tropic looking strap, it doesn’t bend right around my wrist. It has a gap on the underside, but pressure into the sides of my wrist. Note the brand mark V on the brass buckle that comes on the silicone strap. The horween leather strap does not come with a brass buckle or the brand mark on it. One will have to change the buckle out if they want to switch between the two. The leather strap is nice and is made to distress easily.

Out of direct sunlight

In direct sunlight
Not bad looking, I like the blue dial, brass bezel and indices. It looks good, in my opinion.

A dark shot, good lume, not sure I like the lumed bezel.

Marked crown, nice slope of the lugs. 45mm L to L. It should fit me well, but it just doesn’t wear well for me at all.

Wooo Wheee, looks like I got a limited edition with that number on the back.
That should come in handy if it is ever stolen (please, somebody steal this watch because I don’t like it).
I just don’t like it. The size should be good for me, but it wears big, it is also heavy and the strap doesn’t fit around my wrist right. I also don’t like the lumed bezel and the overpowering lume, nor do I like brass.
I can understand how a lot of people who got this are happy, it looks pretty good, I do like the dial and the blue....and that’s about it. It is made well, it’s just not for me.
A cheap way to find out I don’t like brass, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like bronze either.
Oh well.
Next.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Ventus Northstar

Post by svaglic » October 25th 2019, 1:12pm

svaglic wrote:
October 25th 2019, 1:11pm
It’s just my taste. I found out I don’t like brass. It really is made well for the price.
Guess what you’re getting for the next auction donation?

I screwed that up, I meant to edit my last post with it.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » October 25th 2019, 6:25pm

conjurer wrote:
October 25th 2019, 1:09pm
Too bad, Allison; it's a nice looking watch. Thanks for the honest review.
Yeah, it does look good. Hate that it isn't a good fit.

Should be able to find a buyer on the Budget Watch Collector FB group easily enough, if you wish to sell it?
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 25th 2019, 7:52pm

The design looks nice. I wasn't particularly impressed by bronze as a case material when the Bronze Blue Bomber was in my hands. I have more than a few watches that feature a brass case, but they're either gold or chrome plated. Guess I wouldn't like a case made out of bare brass.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”