An Interesting Watch Project Just Launched on Kickstarter

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
TIMUS Watches
Facebook ID: 0

An Interesting Watch Project Just Launched on Kickstarter

Post by TIMUS Watches » October 16th 2019, 3:35am

Hey guys,

TIMUS Automatic is now LIVE ON KICKSTARTER.

We have a special concept whereby you can keep your memorable watches with new designs using the same existing movement, over the watch's lifetime.

The system is simple: Purchase a watch from TIMUS and, when a new model is released in that series, you have the opportunity to send in your old model for it to be stripped back down to its bare bones and have its movement fitted into a new case with an entirely new dial, hands, and strap.

To keep it short and avoid spamming, please have a look on the campaign!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... h-movement

foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: An Interesting Watch Project Just Launched on Kickstarter

Post by foghorn » October 16th 2019, 5:09am

This might be the dumbest idea I've ever come across. There are a million reasons why.
One is that the company very likely won't be around when a watch case wears out and the poor schmuck that bought into this silly idea wants his prized Miyota movement re- cased. I'll leave the other 999,999 reasons to others.

Good Luck.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » October 16th 2019, 7:09am

foghorn wrote:
October 16th 2019, 5:09am
This might be the dumbest idea I've ever come across. There are a million reasons why.
One is that the company very likely won't be around when a watch case wears out and the poor schmuck that bought into this silly idea wants his prized Miyota movement re- cased. I'll leave the other 999,999 reasons to others.

Good Luck.
Jesus!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » October 16th 2019, 7:59am

42mm and 50mm lug to lug. Why? Why make it so it overlaps the wrist?
This looks like a confused hot mess to me. Even the blue is too bright.
I like the crown. I am trying to find a positive.

I have to spend more money than it’s worth on an ugly watch, hope the case wears out soon so I can replace the ugly thing then hope your future watches aren’t near as ugly. Why?
The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to.
B. C. Forbes
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 16th 2019, 9:21am

This is easily among the worst pieces of fucking shit ever to be "launched" on startkicker. I'll leave it at that, since I'm finding it difficult to type with the gigantic Cabriole table leg I've already hammered up my fucking ass.

@TIMUS Watches: Feel free to use my comments in your advertising as you see fit.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 16th 2019, 9:29am

No. Just no.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 16th 2019, 5:40pm

Fuck me, is it Christmas alredy? Another Prickstarter pile of blithering garbage! How I missed this! Woo-hoo! It fucking is like Christmas! The game's afoot!
Many quality watches are wasted, because they are worn or just out of fashion, and we no longer wear them.
In fact, this has more to do with the owners often being idiots. Given that most people are idiots, you're trying to find a solution to human stupidity. That's not gonna work. It never did.
Even when watches are using the same watch movement, the designs can be completely different.
Well spotted that, Captain Obvious.
Inspired by time and universe.
Ughhh, looking at it, it'd be for the better if the universe took as little time as possible to remove this thing from the fabric of reality.
Caters to fashion forward individuals who appreciate the simple timeless classics and stylish.
Nay, I appreciate simple, classic, timeless and stylish, and I can tell you this one is a) neither and b)makes me fucking want to vomit.
The Timeverse displays the time around the circumference of the circulating particles, resembling the cosmic time in the galaxy.
I sat on the circumference, took my time, squeezed out the cosmic matter, and flushed it down with a wave of circulating particles.
Inspired to be origin, aesthetic design that reflects classic traits and timeless forms.
Unless it was inspired by boobs, nope. If it was, that had to be one flabby, dangling, nasty bosom.
Comes in two very noble hues
Who wouldn't want to come in a noble hoe? Or two?