Hey Hey it's Nicolet

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hey Hey it's Nicolet

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 27th 2019, 5:16pm

By Jove! What is that? What the fuck is that...?!

Nicolet, destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, huh? Unless Hurricane Sandy jumped back in time and space to the town of Tramelan in the 1970s and fucked up the original Nicolet company without anyone knowing, that's not the case...

Then there are the pictures. They're as ghey as can be, that's one thing. The other thing is that they appear to have been made in Photoshop, presumably by a drunk oranguntan.

And the movement...Rhonda? Hmmm, why not, if Rhonda's pretty, I'd love to do some movements on Rhonda, or Rhonda to do some movements on me.

Then... "perpetual seconds"? It's called a RUNNING second, you bunch of slow-witted, fucking shysters!
Nicolet is a luxury Swiss Made brand...
No.
...that possess years of successful experience...

Nope. Besides, it's possesses. Is Bazinga their copywriter?
...sourcing of parts, movements, case molds...
Well, this pretty much explains that they haven't even made this shit - it has been made for them. Going by the looks of it, this shit has been taken by a cow.
By supporting the funding of the Nicolet Triumph you can rest assured that your timepiece is being built by a close-knit team of seasoned experts.

Aaaaarggghhhh.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 27th 2019, 5:32pm

See, there's Armand Nicolet, which is the good company in Switzerland, and then there's the Brooklyn version, which is just Nicolet, which is the Merm's and Stephen Jay's bastard, anally-delivered love child.

I hope that clears everything up.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 27th 2019, 5:37pm

conjurer wrote:
September 27th 2019, 5:32pm
See, there's Armand Nicolet, which is the good company in Switzerland, and then there's the Brooklyn version, which is just Nicolet, which is the Merm's and Stephen Jay's bastard, anally-delivered love child.

I hope that clears everything up.
That it does. Wouldn't confuse it with Armand Nicolet, which is pretty much a continuation of the original Nicolet holding (Nicolet Watch Co. and dozens of its subsidiaries/trademarks).
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » September 27th 2019, 5:37pm

" NICOLET, until 2012 was a well respected and sought after Swiss Timepiece brand. "

REALLY?

"•In anticipation of Nicolet’s reborn success, we’ve named our new Nicollet..the “TRIUMPH”! "

So which is it? Nicolet, or Nicollet? so sad

Where in Switzerland is this masterpiece assembled? Or does buying Ronda/Rhonda movements count as "Made in Switzerland"?

And why have a Tungsten bezel on top of a 316L case? Why?

Where I work, they use all the latest and greatest buzzword alloys so I'm just waiting on a watch case to be made from Inconel 718 or GrCop42. 316L is so last century. :-)
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » September 27th 2019, 5:44pm

bbattle wrote:
September 27th 2019, 5:37pm
" NICOLET, until 2012 was a well respected and sought after Swiss Timepiece brand. "

REALLY?

"•In anticipation of Nicolet’s reborn success, we’ve named our new Nicollet..the “TRIUMPH”! "

So which is it? Nicolet, or Nicollet? so sad

Where in Switzerland is this masterpiece assembled? Or does buying Ronda/Rhonda movements count as "Made in Switzerland"?

And why have a Tungsten bezel on top of a 316L case? Why?

Where I work, they use all the latest and greatest buzzword alloys so I'm just waiting on a watch case to be made from Inconel 718 or GrCop42. 316L is so last century. :-)

Regarding the watch itself; that is one chunky monkey with a very busy dial and too large a case and it looks like somebody wanted to upscale an Invicta.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 27th 2019, 6:54pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
September 27th 2019, 5:16pm
By Jove! What is that? What the fuck is that...?!

Nicolet, destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, huh? Unless Hurricane Sandy jumped back in time and space to the town of Tramelan in the 1970s and fucked up the original Nicolet company without anyone knowing, that's not the case...

Then there are the pictures. They're as ghey as can be, that's one thing. The other thing is that they appear to have been made in Photoshop, presumably by a drunk oranguntan.

And the movement...Rhonda? Hmmm, why not, if Rhonda's pretty, I'd love to do some movements on Rhonda, or Rhonda to do some movements on me.

Then... "perpetual seconds"? It's called a RUNNING second, you bunch of slow-witted, fucking shysters!
Nicolet is a luxury Swiss Made brand...
No.
...that possess years of successful experience...

Nope. Besides, it's possesses. Is Bazinga their copywriter?
...sourcing of parts, movements, case molds...
Well, this pretty much explains that they haven't even made this shit - it has been made for them. Going by the looks of it, this shit has been taken by a cow.
By supporting the funding of the Nicolet Triumph you can rest assured that your timepiece is being built by a close-knit team of seasoned experts.

Aaaaarggghhhh.
Utterly fantastic. Well done.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”