Lesablier Sport Classic

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Lesablier Sport Classic

Post by koimaster » May 24th 2019, 2:47pm

Lesablier Watches has been rather busy for a relative newcomer in the microbrand watch scene. The Virginia-based brand launched the Aviateur VQ 24-hour watch last spring, exhibited at District Time and LAMicroLux, and is now gearing up to launch an ambitious new model, the Sport Classic. I was lucky enough to be the first reviewer to get my hands on the full set of prototypes and let me tell you, they are amazing.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2019/05/lesab ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Lesablier Sport Classic

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 24th 2019, 3:09pm

Oh, no, not another Prickstarter pile of pish 'n shite with a display back revealing that fucking Miyota... By Jove, I'm tempted to bash that review as well as the watch. No, Bloke, no, resist, resist... Ahhh, fuck it! The game's afoot! Follow your spirit, and upon this charge...!!!

and is now gearing up to launch an ambitious new model, the Sport Classic.

It doesn't exactly look ambitious... It doesn't even look like they have tried particularly hard to make it look good.

As you might have gathered from the name, the Sport Classic is designed to endure outdoor activities with a generous dose of panache.

And I need a generous dose of Dalwhinnie to get past how this thing looks.

I see something Genta-esque in the overall geometry; maybe a hint of Patek Philippe Nautilus in the relationship between the case and bezel.

To me, it looks like a bastard child of FP Journe and Whoblow, which inherited the worst of the looks from both parents, and technical qualities of neither.

Inside, is a Miyota 8N40 skeleton. This 21 jewel, hand winding automatic has a 21.6k bph vibration rate, and a small seconds indicator.

There is no such thing as a hand-winding automatic. There's hand-winding, automatic, automatic with detached manual wind, or automatic with a manual wind feature.

Speaking of quirky, just like the Lesablier Aviateur VQ before it, each Sport Classic dial will bear its serial number on the dial as well as the case back. It’s a brand hallmark and one that will no doubt be popular with collectors who chase particular numbers.

Wut? Who'd be chasing particular numbers of a Prickstarter pile of shite?

That last dial really caught my attention. A translucent center that darkens as it reaches the hour ring shows the movement beneath — not in the obvious (and often garish) manner of a true transparent skeleton dial but in more of a ghost effect. It looks fabulous, yet it does not in any way impede legibility.

Fabulous? Even through that dial one can see how badly the movement is finished... Fuck me, even Poljot used to do a better job at movement finishing.

OK, that's 'nuff said. I may vomit.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » May 24th 2019, 3:32pm

Looks painful to wear.
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."-Roger Caras
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 12th 2019, 6:06pm

I've always had a warm spot for Lesabliers, particularly in pairs.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » November 26th 2019, 4:19pm

Update: Lesablier Sport Classic
Photos by Mike Razak

Since we reviewed the Lesablier Sport Classic way back in May, three exciting things have happened. First, the Kickstarter campaign was successful, meaning the watches are actually getting made. Second, the bracelet has been completed. And third, an option for an aventurine dial has been added by way of the Supernova option. I've gotten my hands on both the white enamel edition (just to refresh your memory) and the Supernova on bracelet and took some pictures for you all to gawk at. Check 'em out.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2019/11/updat ... ime+Bum%29

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”