A kinetic smartwatch?

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
JAS1125 (Online)
Watchlord WIS

A kinetic smartwatch?

Post by JAS1125 » September 18th 2019, 6:20am

You'll have the shake the hell out of it to keep it charged despite including a charger.....what could possibly go wrong?

Kickstarter propaganda....
Automatic self-winding timepiece by default
Transforming 100% clean kinetic energy into electrical power by simple wearing it on your wrist
Providing a "world record" power autonomy by storing all generated energy in the built-in energy accumulator
"Smart on demand" concept, changing from a traditional automatic timepiece into a smartwatch at your convenience.
Statement by the int. jury: "A smartwatch equipped with a hybrid charging system is an exciting, innovative idea whose sustainability is convincing".
Designed for performance and power efficiency, the SuperCharger² self-charging technology is saving millions of batteries, spearheading the development of smartwatch technology, reducing effectively the carbon footprint.
Fuck that carbon footprint bullshit....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... fZjYGzAn4U
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A kinetic smartwatch?

Post by TemerityB » September 18th 2019, 8:04pm

As an early Seiko Kinetic watch buyer, all I have to do is read the world "Kinetic" and not only do I break out in strange red welts, but I start to get rotten egg belches. Never again, ever, ever. Never forgiving Seiko for the early false advertising and all those fucking capacitors that didn't capacit.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A kinetic smartwatch?

Post by MAX » September 20th 2019, 3:56am

I always thought you plugged them in at electric car charging stations. Now you have to shake them?
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”