Vario Empire Automatic | Handwound Watch

Watches and such at Kickstarter.
Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Vario Empire Automatic | Handwound Watch

Post by Darksider » April 30th 2019, 3:50pm

If fashion is a cycle, then it’s time we revisited the Golden Era of Art Deco.

Inspired by sleek geometry, elegant typography and bold designs of the 1930s, Vario’s Empire Art Deco Watch Collection is merging time with timelessness.

We’ve opted out of impersonal stock parts, choosing instead to give each watch in the collection its own custom-made case, dial, crown, and hands for visual drama. We’ve also pared down the pronounced horn lugs for a more refined, contemporary look. At its core, the sapphire glass-covered Miyota 6T33 Hand Wound Movement allows for a smooth winding ritual. An optional Seiko NH38A Automatic Movement will be offered if we hit our stretch goal of $US$36k/S$48k.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iv ... -c-CFdwSE0

"wound up halfway under a slab of cement in the Pentagon on 9/11. 17 surgeries over a 28-month period"
Iraq - "And don't you dare tell me it's bullshit; I was there, (Iraq) and I know what I saw.)"
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Vario Empire Automatic | Handwound Watch

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 30th 2019, 3:57pm

These really would look nice, if not for the hands. The hour and minute hands look like they come from two different sets, neither set matching the dial. A syringe/pencil hour hand, an alpha minute hand, and the empty spaces in them look as if they once had lume on them, but no longer do... What, by Jove, what the fuck is that? The rest of the watch is OK, but the hands seriously blow.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bbattle

Re: Vario Empire Automatic | Handwound Watch

Post by bbattle » August 12th 2019, 6:07pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
April 30th 2019, 3:57pm
These really would look nice, if not for the hands. The hour and minute hands look like they come from two different sets, neither set matching the dial. A syringe/pencil hour hand, an alpha minute hand, and the empty spaces in them look as if they once had lume on them, but no longer do... What, by Jove, what the fuck is that? The rest of the watch is OK, but the hands seriously blow.
The hour hand looks like the ones used at anOrdain. The mismatched styles makes me think somebody was on a Chinese manufacturers' site, picking cases, dials, bezels, etc. and when they got to the hands, the site let them pick hour and minute hands separately, resulting in the watch we have before us.

Return to “Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects”