Invicta 1960 Chronograph - Dropped @ $299

koimaster
Founder

Invicta 1960 Chronograph - Dropped @ $299

Post by koimaster » May 8th 2020, 9:09am

An exploration of and tribute to Invicta’s roots, this chronograph has all the hallmarks of a classic dress watch—from its charming look to its hardy construction.

A Faithful Recreation of a Doctor’s Companion

While Invicta offers just about every style of watch you could imagine today, its history is often forgotten. Our 1960 Chronograph Watch is a tribute to the brand’s heritage, and a trip back in time to the classic watch era. Based on an actual Invicta doctor’s chronograph developed around 1960, this mid-century timepiece features a bronze case that develops a natural patina over time. Just like the original, the dial has two subdials and a combination of red and blue accents that make up the telemeter and pulsometer scales. In tandem with the chronograph, the pulsometer can be used to track your pulse (where the moniker “Doctors” comes from), and the telemeter can be used for distance and other measurements. With an anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, the watch is scratch-resistant and legible. It gets power from a unique Meca-Quartz movement—a best-of-both-worlds movement with a sweeping seconds hand.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-invicta-1960- ... 5806217779

:fuzzy:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Invicta 1960 Chronograph - Dropped @ $299

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 8th 2020, 11:31am

Pity they had to give it a bronze case. This and the 1953 are the best-looking Invicters I've seen. I mean, fuck them, they're fucking Invicters, but still kinda nice.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Falstaff (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » May 8th 2020, 1:26pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
May 8th 2020, 11:31am
Pity they had to give it a bronze case. This and the 1953 are the best-looking Invicters I've seen. I mean, fuck them, they're fucking Invicters, but still kinda nice.
Looks like any number of vintage Chronographes Suisse.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 8th 2020, 3:46pm

Falstaff wrote:
May 8th 2020, 1:26pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
May 8th 2020, 11:31am
Looks like any number of vintage Chronographes Suisse.
True. Which means that at least it doesn't look like the usual kind of Invicter.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Daily and Weekly Deals”