Montblanc moonphase at Massdrop

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Montblanc moonphase at Massdrop

Post by svaglic » November 3rd 2018, 7:33am

Montblanc did a fine job on these.

For $200.00 more you can get this one. I know this is a decent deal, but it it was $1,200.00 I’d jump on it. I’ll wait this one out and see if a better deal comes up during the holidays or on the used market. I’m impressed with this one.

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Montblanc moonphase at Massdrop

Post by TemerityB » November 3rd 2018, 7:51pm

Montblanc's watches are way underrated. Some of their movements are cutting edge.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 3rd 2018, 8:28pm

smellody wrote:Montblanc make good pens. Rolex makes watches.

What next? Mercedes make lighters?

The Montblanc caliber 13.21 was just about the highest-end chronograph of the past 15 years at any price point - the Meisterstuck Heritage Pulsograph featured not only a perpetual calendar, but had incredible finishing and and was a throwback to handmade watch movements at what basically was half the price of anything Patek or Vacheron was doing or has ever done. It's easy to throw stones, but Montblanc is the thinking man's Patek - similar quality for thousands less. That's bad?
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » November 3rd 2018, 8:50pm

TemerityB wrote:
smellody wrote:Montblanc make good pens. Rolex makes watches.

What next? Mercedes make lighters?

The Montblanc caliber 13.21 was just about the highest-end chronograph of the past 15 years at any price point - the Meisterstuck Heritage Pulsograph featured not only a perpetual calendar, but had incredible finishing and and was a throwback to handmade watch movements at what basically was half the price of anything Patek or Vacheron was doing or has ever done. It's easy to throw stones, but Montblanc is the thinking man's Patek - similar quality for thousands less. That's bad?

That's all cool. I love my pens. I just like product focus. I'm sure everything above is correct.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » October 24th 2020, 11:24am

Still kicking myself for not getting the triple date when I had the chance. Now they are selling for over twice of what I could have got it at. I thought they would pop up used and I could snag a good deal. Massdrop sold out to drop.com and they really suck at getting anything decent in now, so I will have to pay a lot more for this watch. There are just no deals out there for this, no one is selling used either. I don’t regret much with watches, but for two years I have regretted this. I have seriously been chasing this for two years. Do I pay more then twice what it was so I can have it now or do I wait another two years and hope a decent deal comes up?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 24th 2020, 2:04pm

svaglic wrote:
October 24th 2020, 11:24am
Still kicking myself for not getting the triple date when I had the chance. Now they are selling for over twice of what I could have got it at. I thought they would pop up used and I could snag a good deal. Massdrop sold out to drop.com and they really suck at getting anything decent in now, so I will have to pay a lot more for this watch. There are just no deals out there for this, no one is selling used either. I don’t regret much with watches, but for two years I have regretted this. I have seriously been chasing this for two years. Do I pay more then twice what it was so I can have it now or do I wait another two years and hope a decent deal comes up?
Al, I was shocked to see this pop up again after all this time - "daily deals" threads tend to disappear after two days.

I will keep an eye out for this model and buzz you if I come up with something. Would you consider one pre-owned?

Back after 15 minutes of web searching:
You're so right! I can't find that watch anywhere even remotely near the Massdrop price. Check Chrono24 and you'll see. That really was an exceptional deal.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » October 24th 2020, 2:46pm

TemerityB wrote:
October 24th 2020, 2:04pm
svaglic wrote:
Al, I was shocked to see this pop up again after all this time - "daily deals" threads tend to disappear after two days.

I will keep an eye out for this model and buzz you if I come up with something. Would you consider one pre-owned?

You're so right! I can't find that watch anywhere even remotely near the Massdrop price. Check Chrono24 and you'll see. That really was an exceptional deal.
I would do a used deal, I would want the watch to be in great shape though. I actually saw an old sale for one on a forum. I contacted the guy hoping he still had it, but he sold it and just didn’t mark it as sold.
I blew it T. Usually I’m good at finding what I want at a great deal, this has eluded me.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 24th 2020, 7:54pm

svaglic wrote:
October 24th 2020, 2:46pm
TemerityB wrote:
October 24th 2020, 2:04pm
svaglic wrote:

I would do a used deal, I would want the watch to be in great shape though. I actually saw an old sale for one on a forum. I contacted the guy hoping he still had it, but he sold it and just didn’t mark it as sold.
I blew it T. Usually I’m good at finding what I want at a great deal, this has eluded me.
Hang in there. Keep looking. You never know where something like that can end up, and and at a fair price. My pre-owned store in LI I will check too. There's so many sources these days. Frankly, this year - when nobody has a lot of money - I've never seen pre-owned prices go up nearly this much. I'm pretty surprised by that.

Return to “Daily and Weekly Deals”