MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17955
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by TemerityB » November 21st 2016, 8:46pm

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I really mean it; I was excited to see through those that ordered. Those watches are really handsome.

Man. I hope it all works out, jaw.
Last edited by TemerityB on November 21st 2016, 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33274
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by conjurer » November 21st 2016, 8:47pm

Mark1 wrote:I saw the link but did not register for Massdrop. When you buy from them, who are you buying from? Is it an authorized dealer or a liquidation outfit like Woot and others? Hopefully Jeffreys issue will be resolved to his satisfaction. If not dealing with an authorized seller I would go for a refund rather than some type of repair. I've purchased two Junghans which were grey market on Ebay, cheap deals with no issues, fortunately.


Yup. I'd go for the refund as well. Good advice.
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15139
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by biglove » November 21st 2016, 8:51pm

Man, that sucks. Afraid I would go for a refund.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Posts: 5220
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by svaglic » November 21st 2016, 8:55pm

TemerityB wrote:Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I really mean it; I was excited to see through those that ordered. Those watches are really handsome.

Man. I hope it all works out, jaw.


I was looking forward to seeing them too. They are very nice looking and I was a little excited to be able to see all the pictures and opinions on them.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 7693
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by Thunder1 » November 21st 2016, 10:37pm

I'll be picking mine up 1st thing tomorrow morning...read some of the posts Jaw provided a reference to..have to say that my Bulova Accutron Classic that utilizes an ETA Valgranges A07.161 movement rattles a bit when I move my arm, as well..and though it is larger, it is based on the Valjoux 7750..
http://www.valgranges.ch/html/en/

Image
Image

So, it may be that this noise is normal for this watch..notice that many WUS posters(from the reference Jaw provided above) complained of that same noise, but were reassured by other posters that this was normal..can't say I've noticed it in my other 7750 equipped chronos...maybe the plastic crystal allows more mechanical noise to escape?..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 7693
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by Thunder1 » November 22nd 2016, 8:17am

Picked mine up and have played with it for an hour or so..yes, it has that same rattle..and yes, it is the same rattle that I have in my Bulova mentioned above..so yes, I think it is normal for this particular watch..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Posts: 6337
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by iwasbanned » November 22nd 2016, 8:25am

Thunder1 wrote:Picked mine up and have played with it for an hour or so..yes, it has that same rattle..and yes, it is the same rattle that I have in my Bulova mentioned above..so yes, I think it is normal for this particular watch..


I got the impression from jeffrey, that his didn't function. I get mine in a few hours, I'll report back and confirm or deny.
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 5151
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by jaw » November 22nd 2016, 10:27am

iwasbanned wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:Picked mine up and have played with it for an hour or so..yes, it has that same rattle..and yes, it is the same rattle that I have in my Bulova mentioned above..so yes, I think it is normal for this particular watch..


I got the impression from jeffrey, that his didn't function. I get mine in a few hours, I'll report back and confirm or deny.


To clarify, the watch functions fine. The rattle is loud enough to sound defective.

I've had 7750s with noisy rotors while winding (and this has that too), but never had one rattle with the slightest nudge as if something is loose inside. I also got the impression after reading that this is normal for this Junghans. Perhaps the case shape has more resonance than others that makes the rattle so loud. Had I known, I would not have bought it. Broke my own no-impulse-buy rule and should have researched it more - dammit.

I'll update with whatever options MassDrop responds with.
Last edited by jaw on November 22nd 2016, 2:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Posts: 6337
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by iwasbanned » November 22nd 2016, 2:27pm

jaw wrote:UPDATE: MassDrop reply received next day with a request for a video of the rattle.

Figured I'd post it here too. You can hear the rattle from my gentle taps, and when it comes to rest in the box.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0TzT7dWM0[/youtube]


I have to say I have owned 7750s that sound like that, but never really enough to bother me. I need to test mine today and see if it sticks out to me in comparison to past experiences.
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 5151
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by jaw » November 22nd 2016, 2:50pm

Very responsive support. I chose option C.

Hillary (Massdrop Community Support)
Nov 22, 1:38 PM PST

Hi again,

Thank you for the video and we really apologize that your watch arrived in that condition. I showed the video to one of our watch buyers and he said that it sounds like an issue with the rotor. To resolve this issue, we can offer the following options:

A.) You can take your watch to a local repair shop and we will reimburse you for the cost of repairs. We would just need you to send a photo of the repair receipt. Please note: We will only reimburse up to the cost of the watch ($1,415.00).

B.) We can attempt to source a replacement from the vendor. This is not guaranteed, as we do not know if the vendor has inventory available.

C.) You can return your unit for a full refund.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and we can provide you with the next steps.

Warmly,
Hillary
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Posts: 6337
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by iwasbanned » November 22nd 2016, 3:16pm

jaw wrote:Very responsive support. I chose option C.

Hillary (Massdrop Community Support)
Nov 22, 1:38 PM PST

Hi again,

Thank you for the video and we really apologize that your watch arrived in that condition. I showed the video to one of our watch buyers and he said that it sounds like an issue with the rotor. To resolve this issue, we can offer the following options:

A.) You can take your watch to a local repair shop and we will reimburse you for the cost of repairs. We would just need you to send a photo of the repair receipt. Please note: We will only reimburse up to the cost of the watch ($1,415.00).

B.) We can attempt to source a replacement from the vendor. This is not guaranteed, as we do not know if the vendor has inventory available.

C.) You can return your unit for a full refund.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and we can provide you with the next steps.

Warmly,
Hillary


good on massdrop
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 7693
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by Thunder1 » November 22nd 2016, 3:51pm

jaw wrote:UPDATE: MassDrop reply received next day with a request for a video of the rattle.

Figured I'd post it here too. You can hear the rattle from my gentle taps, and when it comes to rest in the box.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0TzT7dWM0[/youtube]


Your's has a little more rattle than mine..however, it does rattle a little when I tapped it as you did..based upon what I've read about them, I think I'll hold on to mine..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
jaw
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 5151
Joined: July 22nd 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by jaw » November 22nd 2016, 7:39pm

Hah^^^

Thank you validators all.

My last correspondence from MassDrop was a pre-paid return shipping label. All that remains is the refund itself.

For those with doubts about buying from MassDrop, I say you can buy with confidence. I'm 1/1, as my SARB033 is doing just fine. Not sure who's fault my Junghans is, but MassDrop's post-sale support has been stellar.

Oh, If anyone needs a 20mm Junghans mesh bracelet for their Chronoscope please PM.
iwasbanned
Master of Time
Posts: 6337
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: MassDrop: Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope

Post by iwasbanned » November 22nd 2016, 7:57pm

Yeah, mine has a similar noisy rotor. I shot a video. It sounds louder on the video than in person. You can even hear the free spinning. Like neddles, but not really audible on the wrist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-hR5Hxy6w[/youtube]
Post Reply

Return to “Daily and Weekly Deals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest