A regular visitor

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

A regular visitor

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 17th 2019, 12:57pm

For whatever reason, this fuzzy thing started to - for a week now - visit my place every evening:

Not my cat, obviously. Though I suppose a cat never belongs to a human - a human can belong to a cat on the basis of being a part of what the cat considers its territory. Managed to identify her as belonging to a family of five, living way further down the road. Well, if all of that is the cat's territory, I suppose she's like a Queen Victoria among cats.
I'd be damned if I know why is she doing so. She has a home, and she is well cared for there. So, either she's not getting enough scratching behind the ears there, or she gets so much of it that her owners' hands are all sore from it, and thus she comes to my place to get even more. She's mostly busy exploring the house, and took some liking to hanging around the fireplace:

Acts civilized, doesn't damage anything, so she always gets some leftovers as a treat - bits of ham, or whatever's at hand. No idea what her name is, or why is she waiting to be let inside the house every evening, at more or less 8 to 9 PM. I suppose that doesn't matter, really - either why is she a regular, nor her name. Cats tend to care less about names than dogs do. As to "why" - well, she's a cat. Cats come and go where they please, as they please. There's no point in asking why.

You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: A regular visitor

Post by conjurer » October 17th 2019, 1:55pm

That's a fine looking cat. Be careful though, Mr. Bloke; this is how me and Mrs. C ended up with our three Irish hooligans.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 17th 2019, 2:24pm

cats pick their own humans. Might be she is lost or has decided to find someone who needs here more than her current family. I have my two Ragdolls and now an additional 4 cats that my daughter found and decided to keep.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 18th 2019, 1:29pm

Well, she's not to stay - there's still a cage with two parakeets, and I'd rather not let her have them for dinner. Would have to lock the budgies away in some other room, just to let the cat stay overnight.
She is welcome to the homestead whenever she feels like visiting - although whenever she does, I do have to keep an eye on her.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 21st 2019, 10:40am

3Flushes wrote:
October 18th 2019, 6:29pm
biglove wrote:
October 17th 2019, 1:10pm
Good looking cat and home!
What happened to the pics of the cat and the royal cottage?

NVM- they're back- like the mintyness of the house
Royal cottage? :mrgreen: I like that name. It's the seat of House Bloke.

Anyway, the cat's been too much of a regular recently. Found her sleeping on the porch for two nights in a row. And for two days, she just wouldn't leave, save perhaps for a few hours. Today, I've left one window on the upper floor open, and when I opened the door later, a small projectile of tabby fur hit me right in the calves. The bloody thing climbed the balcony, and made its way inside the house quite uninvited.

What has me slightly uneasy, is that she's someone's cat. Thus I feel like I can't keep her, but chasing her away would be somewhat heartless of me. And yet again, there's the budgies. I wouldn't want them to become the cat's late night snack.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » October 21st 2019, 3:06pm

svaglic wrote:
October 21st 2019, 1:30pm
You have been chosen, resistance is futile. You are now owned.
Exactly. Cats choose their owners. Our cat disappeared for months at a time. Turns out he would go live with a neighbor for a while and then come back home.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 21st 2019, 9:04pm

biglove wrote:
October 21st 2019, 3:06pm
svaglic wrote:
Exactly. Cats choose their owners. Our cat disappeared for months at a time. Turns out he would go live with a neighbor for a while and then come back home.
Quite so. This is what cats do, the furry little bastards.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 22nd 2019, 11:00am

conjurer wrote:
October 21st 2019, 9:04pm
biglove wrote:
October 21st 2019, 3:06pm
svaglic wrote:
Quite so. This is what cats do, the furry little bastards.
Once a cat selects or makes a change in its staff, that's that, man. You may as well give up and appoint the guest room proper; litter-lou, Berber scratching post, catnip treats in the mini fridge, down comforter from the Grosvenor House for winter,* and since she commutes, some travel size bottles of feline luxury hygiene products would be nice, Petromalted hairball remedy, Madrigal paw wipes, Virbac organic agave flea shampoo and dental brushing / breath freshening bites, a bottle of Pussè, Hermès' fragrancè dè felinè, Seki nail sharpener and so on and so forth.

Be certain you have a clear understanding that she is not to bring any boys home! While comparatively brief to the 4 or 5 minutes that we can go, cat sex is very, very loud, and if she is slutty, you could lose a great deal of sleep. I also strongly suggest that you put the rules of the house in a prominently visible frame permanently affixed to the back of the door of the litter-lou.

Hope this helps.

*In the event the cheap-ass Marriott schuntzim have dispensed with the down comforters since taking over the property, the top of the line model from Scandia Down is a suitable substitute. Queensized, of course.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 22nd 2019, 7:02pm

3Flushes wrote:
October 22nd 2019, 11:00am
Be certain you have a clear understanding that she is not to bring any boys home! While comparatively brief to the 4 or 5 minutes that we can go, cat sex is very, very loud, and if she is slutty, you could lose a great deal of sleep. I also strongly suggest that you put the rules of the house in a prominently visible frame permanently affixed to the back of the door of the litter-lou.
Tell me all about that noise... There's a lot of cats in the neighbourhood. From late in February until summer, you can hear them doing the wild thing in the afternoon, in the evening, all night, and until dawn. That gave me more than one sleepless night. Especially with the first heat waves, it gets nasty - sleep with windows closed, and you boil; open them, and there's the noise of cats fucking, in Dolby Surround.
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 27th 2019, 4:11pm

The cat still regularly stops by. I must say that she's sort of paying the rent - for the last few weeks, mice and voles in the attic have been highly active, and for a few days now...not one scratching sound coming from there. Either they have moved out of there by themselves (unlikely), or the cat killed them. Probably the latter.

She does, however, have certain raccoon-ish tendencies - recently, I've only left her for three minutes, when I went to take a piss. Then came a crashing sound from the kitchen, and by the time I got there, I found her pillaging the bin. By that I mean that the contents of the bin were all over the kitchen floor. By Jove. Fuck. Not that she was hungry, she got a really nice chunk of proper dried kiełbasa shortly before that.

Return to “Pet World”