Nervous

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Nervous

Post by TemerityB » October 29th 2018, 2:48pm

It's only been two years since we adopted the then eight-year-old Izzy, the sweetest creature I have ever known (yeah, I've had a few pets, but as for purity of heart, this one is beyond the norm). It's been two years of a lot of affection, shopping for just the right flavors, and just what I needed. After the death of my dog in 2015, Izzy came in and just picked up where Belle left off. Not a problem, not a bad moment with Izzy since she came here. Not a bad moment.

Suddenly, there's trouble: Recent health workups have revealed elevated liver enzymes, and even more suddenly, she's not eating. New blood work shows off-the-charts numbers, and not in a good way; tomorrow I take her in for the big test to see WTF is happening here.

It hasn't been long enough with her. I'm already fucked in the head; I need more of that not a bad moment stuff. Damn.

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Nervous

Post by Thunder1 » October 29th 2018, 2:57pm

You guys shouldn't stress out about it..Vets can do tremendous things these days w/ sick dogs & cats...you might pay a penny or two that you hadn't planned for, but there's not much Vets haven't seen or know how to treat..pretty confident all of you are in good hands...keep us informed as things work out..and, of course, mucho good luck, even though you probably won't need it!!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Post by Ofcmark » October 29th 2018, 3:09pm

I have seen more of my share of death and destruction, but nothing tears me up worse than one of my animals are sick or injured. I will say a special prayer for Izzy’s fast recovery my friend
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » October 29th 2018, 3:16pm

I really wish I had words that would help you during this time. My best thoughts and wishes are going out to you, your wife and Izzy.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » October 29th 2018, 3:17pm

Had a similar thing with one of ours a few months ago. Vet thinks she got into something. (some common plants can be very bad for cats) She got an IV to hydrate and some meds and was better in a couple of days. Hope she's OK. She's a New Yawker.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 29th 2018, 7:16pm

Thanks gang. Anything she needs. I'll make sure.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 29th 2018, 8:05pm

What Thunder said. Obviously, you're going to worry, but keep a good thought, and wait for the straight dope from the vet. Naturally, I'll keep some good thoughts, and Mrs. C some prayers, as she stands in better stead with the Lord than my sorry ass.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 30th 2018, 3:30pm

Hopefully everything will work out for all of you. Perhaps just something she ate rather then anything serious.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 30th 2018, 7:40pm

Well, gang: An ultrasound was done, revealing much. Which led to biopsies and exploratory surgery, and a bill that could buy a cheap car. Worth every penny.

In short: She's sick. It would take another 500 words to describe how, but rather than bore you all, I'll just say her innards are really messed up. The odd part is that she's still acting the same way she's always acted, as if nothing's wrong at all, showing energy, hunger, playfulness; it feels like a cosmic screwing, in a way. Nothing in her life has suggested she's sick ... but she is. In a few days we'll know how much, and what our next move will be, find out what we can do.

For now, I'm gonna spoil this wonderful creature even more than I have before.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » October 30th 2018, 7:57pm

I am so sorry. But do keep a good spirit now. We almost lost a dog last summer, vets were clueless about the rootcause. But in the end 4 weeks of a mix of antibiotics did help. And she is still young for a cat. 9 lives - that is more than just a myth.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
kip

Post by kip » October 31st 2018, 3:27am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Izzy.

Having had many rescue animals over the years (currently 4 dogs), they quickly become beloved family members who are grateful, expect nothing and give unconditional love. It is exceedingly difficult when they are sick and cannot talk to you, but somehow we figure it out.

Know that whatever the issues, Izzy trusts you to do what is best for her.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » October 31st 2018, 3:40am

gerdson wrote:I am so sorry. But do keep a good spirit now. We almost lost a dog last summer, vets were clueless about the rootcause. But in the end 4 weeks of a mix of antibiotics did help. And she is still young for a cat. 9 lives - that is more than just a myth.

+1..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » October 31st 2018, 5:57am

Thunder1 wrote:
gerdson wrote:I am so sorry. But do keep a good spirit now. We almost lost a dog last summer, vets were clueless about the rootcause. But in the end 4 weeks of a mix of antibiotics did help. And she is still young for a cat. 9 lives - that is more than just a myth.

+1..

Make that +2
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 2nd 2018, 3:53pm

koimaster wrote:I wanted to ask if you had some good news about your friend. I hope so.

This is the strangest thing. Ultrasound and biopsies, warning us about this or that. Results came back in: No cancer cells found but they're not ruling it out - there are less than no symptoms and she still acts utterly normal but now they're putting her through a battery of medicines and there are more tests next week. Bloodwork in a month. I did see the ultrasound and it looked, well, awful. But who knows?!?

Well, we still have her at least a while. Hey, I bet all of your good thoughts helped. Thanks, as always, gang.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » November 2nd 2018, 4:16pm

TemerityB wrote:
koimaster wrote:I wanted to ask if you had some good news about your friend. I hope so.

This is the strangest thing. Ultrasound and biopsies, warning us about this or that. Results came back in: No cancer cells found but they're not ruling it out - there are less than no symptoms and she still acts utterly normal but now they're putting her through a battery of medicines and there are more tests next week. Bloodwork in a month. I did see the ultrasound and it looked, well, awful. But who knows?!?

Well, we still have her at least a while. Hey, I bet all of your good thoughts helped. Thanks, as always, gang.

These were some of the kittens my daughter found behind her work place which we were able to save. We kept one of them and the other three were given to the local Humane Society which is a no kill shelter as opposed to the national one. We sponsored the kittys and they were adopted in 3 days.

JuJu

Boo

Binx

One family adopted Boo & Binx. The father really liked them and was told they were brothers. His daughter fell in love with them and at $125 each he adopted them.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Pet World”