Finally.

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Finally.

Post by TemerityB » August 17th 2018, 9:06pm

After my beloved dog Belle died in 12/15, haven't been able to get another dog - but now, new blood, the co-op says okay, we welcome. Gimlet - 7 years old, corgi/sheltie mix, sweet guy. First day home. Feels like 1,000 Christmases, I'm nine years old again, all is right with the world.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Finally.

Post by Thunder1 » August 18th 2018, 7:39am

What a cute pooch!!..You'll look great taking Gimlet for a walk while wearing your DateJust..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 18th 2018, 11:30am

foghorn wrote:Good for you guys!!
Does he get along with the cat?

Thanks for all the kind worlds, as usual, gang.

About your question, fog: Uh ... he's a sweet boy, walked up to her with his tail wagging. She hissed and ran under the bed, which I reckon will be her place of residence for a few days, even though we have them separated with a baby gate at this point. I get the feeling she'll come around and when we first adopted her, she hid under a table much of the first two weeks.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 19th 2018, 6:56am

3Flushes wrote:Cool looking dog, man---

Cat's used to being the Alpha pet- that always makes for an interesting transition, eh?

As we begin day three, I'm kind of exhausted. The dog is beyond super, though he's going to be a wee bit of a challenge. Gimlet was actually given that name by the rescue group from Tennessee that carted him up here. He was actually being fostered in Manhattan by this absolute angel of a couple (the woman involved is actually a bit famous in these parts), where we picked Gimlet up. But since he's about seven, he doesn't know the "Gimlet" name and he has had a rough time - extracted teeth, had a fatty tumor removed from his hip, other things. He also has a habit of "burying" his food before he eats. The dear, sweet thing - I think in the past he might have been an outdoors dog. Yet, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Training him, however is going to be tough but we'll get there.

As for the cat, we spent most of yesterday getting her out from under our rather heavy freakin' Tempurpedic bed, where she crawled to the back part of and stayed there. I couldn't stand it, under there with all the dust and stuff that got kicked under the bed, so we finally got her out by baiting her with some food and reaching in. Assimilating these two with her will be the hard part; she's had the run of the place for about 19 months and now we have to bring them together. He's a sweetie and would never attack her (or anything else), we're convinced - but getting them to get along is going to take some doing. It's all good though; the cat in her usual life is also unusually sweet, but another critter is a whole 'nother story.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » August 20th 2018, 3:43am

:D
GuHd lucK weaz Ur knEw dog. Heaze quEuedt.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer

Return to “Pet World”