Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
Post Reply
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5139
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by svaglic » September 20th 2017, 4:40pm

I took Homie in for his annual checkup and there was a huge cage that had two cats in it. One was a female that someone brought in to be put down because they were tired of her having babies. The other was a male that someone just brought in to be put down. The Vet fixed them and gave them their shots then put them out for adoption. I was told the male was about a year old and a total sweetheart and the female was a little bossy. I left and thought about my girl cat that was acting lonely and needy since I had Buddy put to sleep. Well, a couple of hours later, I called and told them I was on my way in to get the boy. When I got there the girl had been adopted out, so that was cool.... Their cage was ready for more adoptions.
Meet Ringo. I was told he is about a year old and sweet. They didn't tell me he is part monkey and will climb and swing on everything. I don't think he was an indoor cat before, he tries to get into my trash cans and had no idea what the TV was. I didn't want a kitten, but now I have an overgrown one. He is making himself at home and acts like he belongs, which he does belong. Here is my 12lb year old kitten Ringo, a wild sweetheart. He plays like his fur is on fire then crashes like in a clump in deep sleep. BTW, my girl cat doesn't totally hate him.

Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15126
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by biglove » September 20th 2017, 5:02pm

What a beautiful beast! Cats are such fickle predators and the only domesticated species that manages to hold their owners in contempt.

But I do love a cat. Always thrilling to watch them play and stalk about like their bigger cousins.

We have always had ours declawed and kept them inside.

Can't stand the allergies and a litter box though.

Guaranteed she will now have a wonderful life with you. Your heart is so big and you have so much love to give. If reincarnation is real, then heaven is to be a pet of a number of the Lords, for sure.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5139
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by svaglic » September 20th 2017, 5:38pm

biglove wrote:What a beautiful beast! Cats are such fickle predators and the only domesticated species that manages to hold their owners in contempt.

Can't stand the allergies and a litter box though.


I am terrified of mice, I need a cat. Once, at a party (years ago when I was about 115lbs) a mouse ran across their living room floor. A college football player tried to block my exit out the door, I laid him out and took the screen door off one of its hinges. Another time when I saw a mouse, I screamed and froze, like Weekend at Bernie's.
When you were saying a person couldn't jump out of their skin the other day, I was certain you were wrong.

The litter box is bad now? I feed them a split can in the mornings and evenings and keep dry food out at all times. This cat must have gone without before because he eats like a pig, he won't stop eating and he $hits 5 times a day. Hopefully he settles down soon and realizes he will always eat and have food.
Last edited by svaglic on September 20th 2017, 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 32679
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by conjurer » September 20th 2017, 6:43pm

svaglic wrote:
The litter box is bad now? I feed them a split can in the mornings and evenings and keep dry food out at all times. This cat must have gone without before because he eats like a pig, he won't stop eating and he $hits 5 times a day. Hopefully he settles down soon and realizes he will always eat and have food.


He may well settle down as he's still young. Our tabby O'Brian was nearly feral when he accepted us; that was six or seven years ago, and he still eats like a goddamn Ethiopian at Old Country Buffet. From what I understand, this is pretty common, since cats tend to eat whatever protein is available anyway, and strays tend to overdo it, since they never know when their next meal is coming from. Just be careful--O'Brian has Mrs. C wrapped around his very large paw, and he's gotten extremely fat with all the extra treats and so forth.
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5139
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by svaglic » September 20th 2017, 6:58pm

conjurer wrote:
svaglic wrote:
The litter box is bad now? I feed them a split can in the mornings and evenings and keep dry food out at all times. This cat must have gone without before because he eats like a pig, he won't stop eating and he $hits 5 times a day. Hopefully he settles down soon and realizes he will always eat and have food.


He may well settle down as he's still young. Our tabby O'Brian was nearly feral when he accepted us; that was six or seven years ago, and he still eats like a goddamn Ethiopian at Old Country Buffet. From what I understand, this is pretty common, since cats tend to eat whatever protein is available anyway, and strays tend to overdo it, since they never know when their next meal is coming from. Just be careful--O'Brian has Mrs. C wrapped around his very large paw, and he's gotten extremely fat with all the extra treats and so forth.


I'm going to put a pet door from the sunroom to the garage for the litterbox. It's that bad right now because of him.
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5139
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by svaglic » September 29th 2017, 7:27am

Monkey boy has won the hostile takeover of the home.
I have never had a cat that interrupted my sleep like this. During the day he doesn't really meow, it's just a lot of errs, he errs constantly. At night he jumps on me and walks on my head, takes his paw and slaps the back of my head, gets in my face and meows loudly and bumps his face into mine. He is working as an agent for my insomnia. I get no uninterrupted sleep, I'm hanging by a thread.
During the day he knocks things off tables and shelves, he is good at breaking things then looks at me like what are ya gonna do about it. He follows me everywhere, clumsily walks the bathroom tub ledge while I'm taking a bath, sits in the sink looking up at me when I'm in the mirror etc....
What an energetic character. Oh, he has taken over Homies toys so homie has taken to chewing on cat toys.
This morning, after I got up because he was being impossible, he laid where I lay and had his head on my pillow. Don't think I let him relax, I jumped at the chance to mess up his sleep.
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5139
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by svaglic » June 9th 2021, 5:08am

Well, at 0430 I woke up to what I thought was Ringo sleeping on the floor. I went to pick him up to take him back to bed with me and he was dead. My brother came over to wrap him in a towel and place him in a wooden box for me. I’m going to take him to be cremated later when the crematorium opens.
For the last year he has had a cough, sneezes and runny eyes. The Vet said he was fine and healthy, so I have no idea what happened. I’m thinking maybe he choked, but he looked peaceful like he passed in his sleep. He was only about five.
My other cats look and act fine, but I’m going to keep an eye on them to see if it is anything contagious.
I’m dumbfounded about this.
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 7386
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: Ringo, I stumbled on to him

Post by Thunder1 » June 9th 2021, 6:15am

svaglic wrote:
June 9th 2021, 5:08am
Well, at 0430 I woke up to what I thought was Ringo sleeping on the floor. I went to pick him up to take him back to bed with me and he was dead. My brother came over to wrap him in a towel and place him in a wooden box for me. I’m going to take him to be cremated later when the crematorium opens.
For the last year he has had a cough, sneezes and runny eyes. The Vet said he was fine and healthy, so I have no idea what happened. I’m thinking maybe he choked, but he looked peaceful like he passed in his sleep. He was only about five.
My other cats look and act fine, but I’m going to keep an eye on them to see if it is anything contagious.
I’m dumbfounded about this.
I'm so sorry to learn of your loss..hopefully, Ringo w/b in a better place..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Post Reply

Return to “Pet World”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest