I have to tell my daughter that her cat - updated.

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: So I have to tell my daughter that her cat is going to d

Post by conjurer » April 3rd 2014, 8:45pm

TimeBeing wrote:So sorry to hear about Kris' kitty! It's heartbreaking when a beloved animal dies...part of us goes with it! As a Chaplain in Pediatrics in an ICU, I found how healing animals can be for children and families. When we talked about their cat or dog, the children always managed to light up and smile, no matter what they were going through. I heard a story once, of a 6 year old who had to have his cat put down. The vet is said to have asked, "I'm sorry your kitty had to go so soon." The child responded without hesitation, "It's ok, I know she was sent to teach me how to love and when she knew Ioved her, too, her job on earth was completed." I always liked this story. Prayers for Kris and your family on the loss of both your beloved cats. Peace.

Goddamn it, TimeBeing, I really hate it when a posting here brings me close to tears. Well said, goddamn it.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » April 3rd 2014, 9:33pm

conjurer wrote:
TimeBeing wrote:So sorry to hear about Kris' kitty! It's heartbreaking when a beloved animal dies...part of us goes with it! As a Chaplain in Pediatrics in an ICU, I found how healing animals can be for children and families. When we talked about their cat or dog, the children always managed to light up and smile, no matter what they were going through. I heard a story once, of a 6 year old who had to have his cat put down. The vet is said to have asked, "I'm sorry your kitty had to go so soon." The child responded without hesitation, "It's ok, I know she was sent to teach me how to love and when she knew Ioved her, too, her job on earth was completed." I always liked this story. Prayers for Kris and your family on the loss of both your beloved cats. Peace.

Goddamn it, TimeBeing, I really hate it when a posting here brings me close to tears. Well said, goddamn it.

I am utterly speechless after reading this. Amazing.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 8th 2014, 10:27am

koimaster wrote:Kitty was put to sleep at 6:31 yesterday morning.

As I read this my cat Murphy was driving me fucking nuts--one minute he wants outside, the next back inside again; walking around and meowing like a goof; attacking the lace tablecloth; biting Smokey in the back of the neck while shrieking like all the lost souls in hell.

After reading this post I picked up Murphy and petted him and kissed him on his orange head, because life's too short to shout at a cat.

All of our cats have been, in one way or another, rescue animals. Alain, you and your daughter gave Kitty a home and love. In the end you did what you had to do.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: I have to tell my daughter that her cat - updated.

Post by TemerityB » April 8th 2014, 11:01am

Ow. I guess we all saw it coming but...

I've been there, and trust me, I'm sharing the pain right now. The small things, such as our pets, are important things that make live worth living. Most of all, I really feel for your daughter right now, and at the risk of not sounding like like hater TB, please, whatever you do, please pass along the sympathies of all of us here.

Good lord - here I am choking up over a cat I've never met. What a beauty. Old softie I guess.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » April 8th 2014, 11:36am

Cats know when you love them. Kitty knew - that's why she picked you.
"And in the space of one hour is Babylon the Great thrown down. Not a stone remains standing upon stone - the smoke of her burning does blot out the sun and the reek thereof lies as a deadly pestilence upon the land. Alas Babylon...."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » April 8th 2014, 3:28pm

Tough deal to love a pet to the extent we'd end their suffering when the time comes; ultimately, we'll be vested in the capacity to do the same for each other.

Never easy, man; sorry to hear. I'll keep a good thought for yous.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
gregl515
WIS - Retired

Post by gregl515 » April 8th 2014, 5:03pm

I've lost three in the last few years. The first, Freckles, was the hardest. The other two were easier, but I still bawled like a baby.
"When you can't feel pain, you're dead!", Sgt. Laskodi, U.S.M.C.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker, U.S.M.C. (The Sands of Iwo Jima).
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Post by Ofcmark » April 8th 2014, 7:16pm

I hope this will help. Rainbow Bridge Pet Loss Grief Center

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support ... t_Home.htm

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night, Grieve if you will, but not for long on my soul's sweet flight. I am at peace my soul's at rest, there is no need for tears. For with your love I was so blessed for all those many years. There is no pain, I suffer not, the fear is now all gone. Put your pain out of your thoughts for in your memory I live on. You were never my master, I was your friend. I loved you well and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far past the end. If this is my end, I am not lonely, I am not afraid. I am still yours.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » April 9th 2014, 9:20am

Thanks everyone. It has been a difficult road for all of us. The problems kitty had began in late 2012 when the partner of my former vet of 14 years did dental work on Kitty. Because Kris just filed suit to recover the money spent for Kitty to recover from that dental work, I cannot comment on what went wrong. Needless to say Kitty had to have emergency treatment at a major teaching hospital for several months. Our current vet who came over Monday morning to help Kitty one last time sent a card and flowers yesterday. The photo with paw print was made by me as a gift to Kristen without her knowledge only hours before Kitty passed on. Last photo was Kitty last year at OSU during one of our visits to her.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
abduksion

Post by abduksion » April 10th 2014, 8:43pm

koimaster wrote:Thanks everyone. It has been a difficult road for all of us. The problems kitty had began in late 2012 when the partner of my former vet of 14 years did dental work on Kitty. Because Kris just filed suit to recover the money spent for Kitty to recover from that dental work, I cannot comment on what went wrong. Needless to say Kitty had to have emergency treatment at a major teaching hospital for several months. Our current vet who came over Monday morning to help Kitty one last time sent a card and flowers yesterday. The photo with paw print was made by me as a gift to Kristen without her knowledge only hours before Kitty passed on. Last photo was Kitty last year at OSU during one of our visits to her.

Is that you and kitty in that last pic?
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » April 10th 2014, 8:45pm

abduksion wrote:
koimaster wrote:Thanks everyone. It has been a difficult road for all of us. The problems kitty had began in late 2012 when the partner of my former vet of 14 years did dental work on Kitty. Because Kris just filed suit to recover the money spent for Kitty to recover from that dental work, I cannot comment on what went wrong. Needless to say Kitty had to have emergency treatment at a major teaching hospital for several months. Our current vet who came over Monday morning to help Kitty one last time sent a card and flowers yesterday. The photo with paw print was made by me as a gift to Kristen without her knowledge only hours before Kitty passed on. Last photo was Kitty last year at OSU during one of our visits to her.

Is that you and kitty in that last pic?

Yes, I am the bi-ped with the white hair.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Pet World”