Clerc CXX Scuba 250

iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Clerc CXX Scuba 250

Post by iwasbanned » July 19th 2013, 5:33pm

Clerc is an excellent brand with high quality well finished watches.  The problem is that they aren't very well known in the states and you take a beating on the secondary market.  I've been wanting to try this one out for a while, but needed to get it for a good price. Good things come to those who wait.  I got this one recently from a good seller at a great price.  It didn't disappoint.  I love the dial, hands, and applied hour markers on this thing.  The finishing is superb especially on the bezel.  Has good heft to it.  

More pics to come soon.  

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Clerc CXX Scuba 250

Post by conjurer » July 19th 2013, 8:44pm

That's all right, Banned, goddamn it. I recall those coming up for sale *gasp* on Shop, when Lior was trying to move some good shit.

Nice pics, too.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » July 20th 2013, 4:54am

One of my favorites, I've had it twice. Once in quartz with a black dial and bracelet that I sold off about two years ago and a new auto with a blue dial and rubber strap I bought earlier this year from World of Watches.
I paid $900 (with a coupon) from ShopNBC for the quartz and sold it five years later for $750 - with a new battery. If I remember rightly, I paid $1200 for the automatic on a killer sale that popped up at random while I was surfing.
What did you pay for your? This isn't TZ where discussing prices is frowned upon. Not talking price gives sellers a big advantage over consumers.

old

I used the old one as a "dive watch," during my salt water beach days, snorkel adventures and jet ski runs. Ran flawlessly.
I'm a huge fan of Clerc, own two dress watches, even if the current boss is a bit nutty. New designs are a half-beat off in my opinion. He's trying too hard. But the brand is still in the same family after about 150 years - again if I'm remember the founding date right.
Enjoy your new watch.
It's a very individualistic take on the diver
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » July 20th 2013, 12:32pm

boscoe wrote:I paid $900 (with a coupon) from ShopNBC for the quartz and sold it five years later for $750 - with a new battery. If I remember rightly, I paid $1200 for the automatic on a killer sale that popped up at random while I was surfing.
What did you pay for your? This isn't TZ where discussing prices is frowned upon. Not talking price gives sellers a big advantage over consumers.

I'm a huge fan of Clerc, own two dress watches, even if the current boss is a bit nutty. New designs are a half-beat off in my opinion. He's trying too hard. But the brand is still in the same family after about 150 years - again if I'm remember the founding date right.
Enjoy your new watch.
It's a very individualistic take on the diver

Boscoe, I picked this one up for $850. It is basically brand new. I assume this is a World of Watches special. I love the design. I wish I knew if this design was inspired by the Royal Oak.

I took it to a pool, salt water, today for an hour and it survived.
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » July 20th 2013, 12:33pm

surferjohn wrote:You are correct those are nice.  I had one and sold it.  My only complaint was the rubber strap was short for my big fat wrist.  Clerc could not provide an XL rubber strap either which is inexcusable on a supposed dive watch.

Same complaint here. The strap is a little short for my tastes. it fits snug on the last hole, but not uncomfortable. Glad I didn't spend time trying to track down from Clerc.

Return to “Clerc”