New Alternative to Bud Light

Wine, Beer, and the hard stuff
Post Reply
User avatar
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 2737
Joined: July 11th 2019, 2:51pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by bbattle » April 13th 2023, 3:23pm

Hawk wrote:
April 13th 2023, 2:53pm
I’ve lost track of who’s complaining about what when it comes to corporate decisions. This may have contributed to my confusion:

https://www.foxnews.com/americatogether/lgbtq-pride/
I went to the main site: https://www.foxnews.com/americatogether/

It seems they celebrate everybody. Covering their derrieres, I guess.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 11414
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by 3Flushes » April 13th 2023, 4:02pm

bbattle wrote:
April 13th 2023, 3:23pm
Hawk wrote:
April 13th 2023, 2:53pm
I’ve lost track of who’s complaining about what when it comes to corporate decisions. This may have contributed to my confusion:

https://www.foxnews.com/americatogether/lgbtq-pride/
It seems they celebrate everybody. Covering their derrieres, I guess.
As do corporations and media outlets all - money talks... so what.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2023 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1633
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by DoctorIvey » April 13th 2023, 4:59pm

I’ll say this: I don’t recognize the world anymore. I remember a few years ago I saw an Audi ad during the Super Bowl that essentially called me a misogynist. Here I was, getting lectured by the former Auto Union. Thing is, that was subtle compared to what I see now. I have an Uber woke friend who thinks it’s gone too far, but thinks it’s cyclical. I’m not so sure. I’m thinking somewhere Khrushchev is smiling and thinking “See? We buried you!”
User avatar
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 9712
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by bedlam » April 13th 2023, 5:24pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 13th 2023, 4:59pm
I’ll say this: I don’t recognize the world anymore. I remember a few years ago I saw an Audi ad during the Super Bowl that essentially called me a misogynist. Here I was, getting lectured by the former Auto Union. Thing is, that was subtle compared to what I see now. I have an Uber woke friend who thinks it’s gone too far, but thinks it’s cyclical. I’m not so sure. I’m thinking somewhere Khrushchev is smiling and thinking “See? We buried you!”
Yeah, it's really hard when the worm turns. We can only but remember with nostalgia times when the white straight majority were the ones dishing the shit out rather than receiving it. The good ol days!!
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 11414
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by 3Flushes » April 13th 2023, 6:11pm

bbattle wrote:
April 13th 2023, 4:33pm
Money also walks, as in all the former Bud Light drinkers switching to whatever diet swill there is out there. Budweiser has lost billions because of this.

To what? Coors as a prominent talking head recently suggested? They also contribute to LGBTQ organizations and lobbying groups. Corona, Heineken, Miller — all. Nowhere to go — ...it's a brand new day.
Last edited by 3Flushes on April 14th 2023, 6:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2023 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 11221
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by Hawk » April 13th 2023, 6:48pm

bbattle wrote:
April 13th 2023, 4:33pm
Money also walks, as in all the former Bud Light drinkers switching to whatever diet swill there is out there. Budweiser has lost billions because of this.
I keep hearing that but it doesn’t exactly line up with stock prices. It’s down from a recent high but still up from the first of the year and pretty close to its 52 week high.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/bud

Methinks the tales of stock drops are being very careful with the range they’re reporting. And I would bet the rent that they’ll never even notice some self-proclaimed culture warrior managing to offload a few cases of rebadged mystery beer.

Hell, they might be breaking even just selling beer to nitwits that shoot it or hit it with a bat.

Culture warriors always overestimate their impact.

But in a comparison Fox’s stock is also holding pretty steady despite 2/3 of America and 90% of the world believing they’re in the middle of the media scandal of the decade.

When it comes to the actual exchange of money and market cap it just doesn’t amount to a pisshole in a snowdrift. My guess is that the 5% that are rooting them on are countered by the 5% that are offended while 90% just don’t give a shit.

The nitwit with the mystery brand rebranded beer might move a couple dozen cases before he moves onto plastic potatos with dicks. Performative dumbfuckery with the probable success of Billy Beer (ask your parents)

Nobody really cares according to USSE. Bud is close to their 52 week high even now.

I wouldn’t know about beer but my Japanese single malt is getting rare and priced disagreeably. They don’t even have a dog in fight. I suspect the damn yuppies have discovered it
User avatar
conjurer
Owner
Posts: 35561
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by conjurer » April 13th 2023, 10:27pm

The Pub subforum is about one thing--the celebration of booze and drinking so much that you get jaked and blow chow.

It is not about politics. Politics will be only be tolerated in the politics subforum. Please abide by this, as I do not want to lose any more valued members due to the discussion of this rather absurd subject.

Thank you, and drink your fill!
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1633
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by DoctorIvey » April 14th 2023, 4:17am

bedlam wrote:
April 13th 2023, 5:24pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
April 13th 2023, 4:59pm
I’ll say this: I don’t recognize the world anymore. I remember a few years ago I saw an Audi ad during the Super Bowl that essentially called me a misogynist. Here I was, getting lectured by the former Auto Union. Thing is, that was subtle compared to what I see now. I have an Uber woke friend who thinks it’s gone too far, but thinks it’s cyclical. I’m not so sure. I’m thinking somewhere Khrushchev is smiling and thinking “See? We buried you!”
Yeah, it's really hard when the worm turns. We can only but remember with nostalgia times when the white straight majority were the ones dishing the shit out rather than receiving it. The good ol days!!
Sure. If by “dishing out shit” you mean taking a backwoods colony and turning it into the world’s lone superpower with the highest standard of living.
User avatar
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 9712
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by bedlam » April 14th 2023, 5:13am

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 14th 2023, 4:17am
bedlam wrote:
April 13th 2023, 5:24pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
April 13th 2023, 4:59pm
I’ll say this: I don’t recognize the world anymore. I remember a few years ago I saw an Audi ad during the Super Bowl that essentially called me a misogynist. Here I was, getting lectured by the former Auto Union. Thing is, that was subtle compared to what I see now. I have an Uber woke friend who thinks it’s gone too far, but thinks it’s cyclical. I’m not so sure. I’m thinking somewhere Khrushchev is smiling and thinking “See? We buried you!”
Yeah, it's really hard when the worm turns. We can only but remember with nostalgia times when the white straight majority were the ones dishing the shit out rather than receiving it. The good ol days!!
Sure. If by “dishing out shit” you mean taking a backwoods colony and turning it into the world’s lone superpower with the highest standard of living.
I'll leave the politics as per the above request.

Aside from that though, Doc, the US isn't in the top 10 for living standards. It comes in at 17th.

Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 10742
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by jason_recliner » April 14th 2023, 3:59pm

Maybe it will turn out well for Bud. There's a lot of LGTBIQA people out there, maybe Bud will become a preferred beer for some of them. There's a lot of progressive people and people who want to be perceived as progressive even if they aren't progressive, maybe they'll buy more Bud. There's a lot of people who don't really care one way or the other about trans and ltbgiqa stuff who if they drink Bud already will continue to drink Bud. There possibly aren't that many current or potential Bud drinkers genuinely offended enough to now never buy Bud, and a lot of those in that category would be poor, so does Bud really care anyway?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
gerdson
Moderator
Posts: 3056
Joined: January 7th 2013, 11:00pm
Location: Just north of Northern Krautland
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by gerdson » April 15th 2023, 1:08am

I need to admit, last time I had a Bud light must have been close to 30 years ago. But I somehow have my doubts that the taste has improved in any way since. Its all horse piss to me. So. Meh.
But thanks for sharing the video links. Had no time yet but hope some are good for a chuckle.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 11221
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: New Alternative to Bud Light

Post by Hawk » April 15th 2023, 6:31am

bbattle wrote:
April 14th 2023, 1:51pm
I really like this local microbrew called Monkeynaut made by Straight to Ale.

Able and Baker, the two monkeys that we sent to space were trained here at MSFC. Baker is buried here, sometimes people leave bananas at her grave.
https://www.space.com/able-baker-monkey ... rsary.html
There are some microbrews around here that are pretty good but at least one put a dose of orange in it. Nasty stuff was the liquid equivalent of pineapple pizza.

I like Chimay when it’s available but it works like an overdose of Ambien - I wake up in places I don’t recognize with no clue how I got there. I suspect those Trappist Monks are augmenting the alcohol in ways I don’t need to know.
Post Reply

Return to “The Pub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest