Upcoming Boss at Zenith — Julien Tornare

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Upcoming Boss at Zenith — Julien Tornare

Post by Racer-X » April 18th 2017, 1:02pm

by Sumit Nag "Jean-Claude Biver confirms former Vacheron Constantin Asia Pacific MD, Julien Tornare as incoming CEO of Zenith Watches.

It was earlier in January of this year that former CEO, Aldo Magada’s departure was announced leaving Mr. Jean-Claude Biver, head of LVMH’s watchmaking division to take on stewardship of Zenith in the interim. But, of course, as is the case with Hublot and TAG Heuer, which are led by Ricardo Guadalupe and Guy Semon, respectively, from the inside, it wouldn’t be long before we heard of an appoint likewise for Zenith. Especially now that Baselworld is done and dusted, and rubber must meet the road before the year progresses any further."

Article at Revolution

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rv4RQksT5c[/youtube]
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Upcoming Boss at Zenith — Julien Tornare

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » April 18th 2017, 2:12pm

I don't know what Mr. Tornare will do with Zenith, but it's unlikely, that there is anyone worse than Biver out there (no, Eyal doesn't count, he's one of a kind in terms of how horrible he is). Just looking at the new Defy, one can notice the slow Hublotification of Zenith. The original 1960s-1970s Defy models (especially the Defy Gauss) were great, the Defy collection from something like 10 years ago was pretty awful, this one... With a solid dial, it isn't that bad, but the skeleton version reminds me of the new, Hublot-style TAG Carrera watches.

If the guy worked at Vacheron, I can only hope that he won't steer Zenith towards the rocks.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “Zenith”