Gnu Karr

Cars, planes, boats & movies
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Gnu Karr

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2022, 5:18pm

Get a load of this big, ugly sumbitch:

It's comfy, it's loaded with real nappa leather, it's really expensive for a Hoon-day, and with a 2.5 liter turbo, it's really fast and gets really shitty mileage.

Fuck electricity!
svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Gnu Karr

Post by svaglic » September 14th 2022, 6:10pm

Good for you and Mrs. C. You have been working like a beast, you might as well drive one.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2022, 6:35pm

jason_recliner wrote:
September 14th 2022, 5:38pm
Nappa! Sweeeeet! No idea what that actually means but it's supposed to be good stuff.

Don't understand the hate towards EV though. Better than ICE in almost every way.
I want something that burns dead dinosaurs, so if I have to, say, bug out, I'll be able to drive four hundred miles, stop to fill the tank with more dead dinosaurs in about five minutes. Then I can bug out another four hundred miles.

EVs are for hipsters who wear skinny jeans and get all upset and butthurt when a barista mis-makes their latte.

The leather in this thing is so soft, I want to drive it around naked. I'd like to feel the nappa leather against my heaving, sweaty butt cheeks and my Harry Paratestes.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2022, 6:45pm

svaglic wrote:
September 14th 2022, 6:10pm
Good for you and Mrs. C. You have been working like a beast, you might as well drive one.
Quite so. Interestingly, this car is classed as either a midsized crossover or a small SUV. While not, say, a Suburban, there ain't nothing small on this sumbitch. An interesting tech feature that I didn't know about before buying: the satnav chimes in to tell you that you're approaching an intersection with red-light cameras.

Fun fact: Motortrend clocked this thing at 0-60 in 6 seconds.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1043975795

Post by Bigjimzlll » September 14th 2022, 7:09pm

conjurer wrote:
September 14th 2022, 6:35pm
jason_recliner wrote:
September 14th 2022, 5:38pm
Nappa! Sweeeeet! No idea what that actually means but it's supposed to be good stuff.

Don't understand the hate towards EV though. Better than ICE in almost every way.
I want something that burns dead dinosaurs, so if I have to, say, bug out, I'll be able to drive four hundred miles, stop to fill the tank with more dead dinosaurs in about five minutes. Then I can bug out another four hundred miles.

EVs are for hipsters who wear skinny jeans and get all upset and butthurt when a barista mis-makes their latte.

The leather in this thing is so soft, I want to drive it around naked. I'd like to feel the nappa leather against my heaving, sweaty butt cheeks and my Harry Paratestes.
EV? where do you think power for the environmental crisis, that is EV batteries, comes from? Coal?
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » September 14th 2022, 7:19pm

Good to know what vehicle I am looking for on our next GTG. Nice rig. Congrats.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 14th 2022, 7:40pm

smellody wrote:
September 14th 2022, 7:38pm
conjurer wrote:
September 14th 2022, 6:46pm
Datsun240Z71 wrote:
September 14th 2022, 6:15pm
Nice Hoonday. Good for you and the missus.
Thanks, Mr. Randy.
I've heard it pronounced: hi unnnn day
That's how the Brits say it. Of course, they also misspell "colour."
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » September 14th 2022, 7:59pm

Hyoon-dye. My Mom, God bless her, was born in Kyoto in 1933. So glad she left this shitty world before she saw my wife buy a Tucson hybrid Limited for my daughter, who just turned 16 but was almost 2 when my Mom shuffled off her mortal coil in 08. I cannot imagine the boat load of crap Ma would have unloaded on my wife, who, let’s face it, she was never crazy about. Still, Rodney King’s old car company has, IMO, got it going on. VERY nice ride, John. Me likee!

Return to “The Drive in”