Time to part with ???

Cars, planes, boats & movies
codguy
ASSHAT

Time to part with ???

Post by codguy » December 25th 2021, 12:36pm

Got it, slightly less mileage than my 32,000 mile car................
but mine is 99.8% original, factory upgrade "E" model, original paint, second owner car also imported from Europe (by me) and stored indoors for the past 51 years.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970- ... -coupe-18/

$126,000 :Beerbang:

I'll take one hundred ten thousand US dollars to the first member that states "I'll take it", face to face and you transport.............you can thank me later.

Smells- Who whuda thunk these Volkswagens could bring in sum aftermarket coin.

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Re: Time to part with ???

Post by Nuvolari » December 25th 2021, 1:30pm

I’d take a non-pneumatic “E” any day ending in “Y” over a compromise “T”.

Even the 912s are commanding crazy money…. An even bigger compromise with a 356 pushrod mill, nonetheless. Yes, yes… so ‘rare’. But anemic.

Life’s too short… so, if you’re paying large money it really should be E/S, or hotter - lest one be taken for a collector masquerading as an ‘enthusiast’.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » December 25th 2021, 3:02pm

Crap.
I honestly forgot to mention this car has the factory hydropneumatic delete option.
What was I thinking.......... raised my sale price to hundred twenty thousand US dollars because of the factory installed Bilstein front "S" suspension.

Oh, did I mention this E model has factory air conditioning and tinted windows?????

Thanks Nuvo, don't really want to give this macchina away...... I'd rather be buried with it.

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 25th 2021, 9:24pm

codguy wrote:
December 25th 2021, 3:02pm
Crap.
I honestly forgot to mention this car has the factory hydropneumatic delete option.
What was I thinking.......... raised my sale price to hundred twenty thousand US dollars because of the factory installed Bilstein front "S" suspension.

Oh, did I mention this E model has factory air conditioning and tinted windows?????

Thanks Nuvo, don't really want to give this macchina away...... I'd rather be buried with it.
It’s the right call. All those numbers…. That’s only money! They still can’t get THAT car until it’s for sale, which it ain’t… so it’s therefore even more valuable.

That is the perfect E, IMAO (the “A” is, of course, for “arrogant”): [factory] Pnuematic-delete, non-sunroof “E” with H4s & Fuchs? That is a sophisticated connoisseur’s choice.

As a long-hood, it’s short-geared, lightweight &, quick - like an “S” - but with more thoughtful and accommodating finishing touches, as the factory ‘air’ attests.

A superb example, Cod. Che BELLA macchina! And, as such, I am sure you are aware it beckons for correct mirrors…. Please tend to that.

That will make it even MORE valuable for when you rightfully don’t sell it! :Thumbsup:

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » December 26th 2021, 12:44am

Nuvolari wrote:
December 25th 2021, 9:24pm
I am sure you are aware it beckons for correct mirrors…. Please tend to that.
Have that original mirror (singular), put these on when in Sicily because I had the desire to see what was to my right ... as somebody whom has driven those stradas, you know what I mean.

Once the original mirror & turn signal lenses are reinstalled, car would go back to 100%

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 26th 2021, 12:56am

codguy wrote:
December 26th 2021, 12:44am
Nuvolari wrote:
December 25th 2021, 9:24pm
I am sure you are aware it beckons for correct mirrors…. Please tend to that.
Have that original mirror (singular), put these on when in Sicily because I had the desire to see what was to my right ... as somebody whom has driven those stradas, you know what I mean.

Once the original mirror & turn signal lenses are reinstalled, car would go back to 100%
Si, si…

But it’s so near-perfect the mirror(s) catch one’s eye - though, that makes complete sense: Effing banzai Fiat 500s & motos everywhere!

And, since the car is, really, one of one, even that imperfection adds to the chassis’ provenance.

Price On Availability**

**{not currently available.}

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » December 27th 2021, 12:37pm

conjurer wrote:
December 27th 2021, 9:13am
Why, that car gives me a boner!
Would look real sweet in your heated garage !
Mark1 wrote:
December 27th 2021, 11:41am
That's nice, do you take green stamps?
Nope, but will take greenbacks though..... and there is plenty of room for it in your hangar!
gerdson wrote:
December 27th 2021, 11:44am
Verdammt. Fick.
This car deserves to be back in Europe Lord Gerdson...... and you would look good in it!

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 27th 2021, 5:16pm

boscoe wrote:
December 27th 2021, 5:02pm
It's a beaut.
Sadly, I'm out of my Porsche phase - the car version of In-somnia - so no cash from me.
Also, I prefer cars and females braless.
But you are making the right decision to sell!
Mr. Koi eventually brought me to the dark side.
Corvettes rock
Yes they do and you join good company in myself and Randy and I think there are a couple of other Vette owners on the forum as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Drive in”