No Time To Die

Cars, planes, boats & movies
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Re: No Time To Die

Post by bbattle » June 12th 2022, 10:31am

Haven't been to the movies since Forrest Gump; the sound is always jacked way too high for me to enjoy watching a movie today.

My wife saw the new Top Gun: Maverick and really liked it. I've read the producers paid the Navy $11k per hour of flight time. All the actors are riding in the rear seat but the flying is all real.

That's another thing I can't stand; all the computer generated stuff so many movies rely on.
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » June 12th 2022, 4:30pm

It is so sad to me. I consider it an assault on all the things I really, really like. No, not family and blood, but all the things I grew up with and molded me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Goodbye Bond, Magnum, normal petrol breathing combustion cars, watches to some extent or perhaps they are next. Is there a country or continent where all I appreciate lives on?

Of not, where are we with time travel? Please take me back, way back.
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » June 12th 2022, 6:27pm

smellody wrote:
June 12th 2022, 4:30pm
It is so sad to me. I consider it an assault on all the things I really, really like. No, not family and blood, but all the things I grew up with and molded me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Goodbye Bond, Magnum, normal petrol breathing combustion cars, watches to some extent or perhaps they are next. Is there a country or continent where all I appreciate lives on?

Of not, where are we with time travel? Please take me back, way back.
Exactly. I’ve read all of Fleming, and I love his books. I love John D. McDonald, Rudyard Kipling, Mark Twain, and Theodore Geisel. Unfortunately, in today’s world, they are verboten, so we should simply enjoy their work at home, in private, before they’re outlawed.
As for the movies, IMO the first was brilliant and they soon went downhill and devolved into camp. I love Roger Moore but that was the nadir of the franchise. The current guy really seemed to dislike the role. I did like him in Knives Out.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » June 13th 2022, 9:12am

I’ve heard that true McGee geeks will debate whether the 21st installment was intended to be the end. I don’t have a position on the matter other than that “Lonely Silver Rain” was a fine closing whether or not intended.

What it lacks is a decent cohesive movie franchise. Perhaps the same could be said of Dave Robicheaux.

Oddly enough I hadn’t known about McGee until I encountered a scale model of Miss Agnes years back.

Return to “The Drive in”