Oregon Airshow 2021

Cars, planes, boats & movies
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Oregon Airshow 2021

Post by Mark1 » August 2nd 2021, 8:58am

Codguy and I attended the Oregon International Airshow on Sunday. The weather was a liitle warmish after the high overcast burned off. Would have preferred it had stayed high overcast to eliminate the glare and shadows in the pictures. Can't bitch too much they didn't have the show last year. Didn't get any wrist shots but cod brought the first titanium and sapphire G-shock I had ever seen. I wore one of my Junghans.
A B17 bomber simulated a WWII bomb run. After which he was pounced on by a Messerschmidt 109. Things were looking bleak for the B17 until a P47 Thunderbolt appeared and made Sauerkraut out of the 109. Good guys win in the end.
The F22 Raptor made an appearance.
Air Force Heritage flight. P51 Mustang and F22 Raptor.
The stars of the show were the Thunderbirds.
Last edited by Mark1 on August 3rd 2021, 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
koimaster
Founder

Re: Oregon Airshow 2021

Post by koimaster » August 2nd 2021, 10:43am

Great photos. Love the old fighters. Looking at the photo of the raptor next to the mustang says a lot to me about size mattering. The mustang is so much cooler and can actually fly without carrying a multi million dollar spare parts bin.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » August 3rd 2021, 7:38am

:bvbvbv: :bvbvbv: :bvbvbv:
Mark's aviation pics have been published internationally.

Clear sky, warm weather, ice cold beer, great company ...... and a airshow made for a terrific day.
Thanks again for everything.

Part of the show we could not see, demonstration planes operated out of Portland International (PDX)

30 minute video from somebody's youtube channel capturing the Thunderbirds Friday show

And a short video of the show also from the net

Last edited by codguy on August 3rd 2021, 10:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

1) If the vaccines are effective, why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
And
2) If the vaccines are not effective, then why should the unvaccinated get one?

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » August 3rd 2021, 9:39am

Thanks for posting the videos cod. In the pdx video it shows six tbirds taking off where on Sunday there were only five for the first part of the show. May have been a maintenance issue that delayed number six then. The video shows them taking off\landing on 28 right, and parking next to the ramp I used to work on.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “The Drive in”