1953 Porsche 356

Cars, planes, boats & movies
koimaster
Founder

1953 Porsche 356

Post by koimaster » September 28th 2020, 3:38pm

“27” is a wonderful 8 minute film about a unique Porsche 356 America coupe and its history with its first owners in 1953 – Gordon and Lois Sheldon.

The story of the Sheldons will sound familiar to many, shortly before adopting their first child Gordon Sheldon arrived home one afternoon with a gleaming new Porsche 356 America coupe.

Of course Lois had some reservations, a new child was going to require a large financial outlay setting up their room and catering to their needs, and she wasn’t sure a new spots car was really an important expense.

It’s not uncommon for men to buy themselves a car or motorcycle shortly before the arrival of a new baby – I’m sure psychologists could explain it but I think it probably has something to do with wanting to keep a firm grasp on the trappings of youth before starting that journey into middle age.

https://silodrome.com/porsche-356-america-coupe/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 1953 Porsche 356

Post by MAX » September 29th 2020, 7:05am

I always wanted a 356. Ran around a lot in a 1600 speedster in the early 60s. Actually I think I pushed that car more miles to start it than I rode in it, battery was always dead. I used to tell my friend I was his starter motor. Luckily it was very light and easy to push.

Was in the AF when the 911 came out.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “The Drive in”