Driving the £5.4m Bugatti Divo

Cars, planes, boats & movies
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Driving the £5.4m Bugatti Divo

Post by Nuvolari » September 24th 2020, 7:49pm

Pëich’s legacy reigns supreme.

And to think they still lose money on a per unit basis... Profitability be damned, economic viability was never the point. The point was - you could resurrect a glorious name of established vintage provenance and require your team to execute a design that would yield the fastest “production“ car in the world. The WORLD!!

You bet your sweet schnitzel enthusiasts in Dubai will pay any price - and any outsized egos subsequent to easy money will ensure spoiled billionaires across the globe want just a few more units than what you are willing to supply them...

“Yeah, that always worked for Enzo... But you know what? Fuck Enzo!

I’m the gawddamn grandson of the old man who brought you fucks the People’s Car! Und enuther zhing- I designed the gawddamn world-dominating Porsche 908s and 917s!!

And for what!? So my dick-uncle could kick me out of our family company - where, by the way, I poured my heart and soul!? Mark my words, Imma take this job at Vee Duble Ewe and - one day, ONE DAY... I will OWN you, Uncle Porsche! I’LL OWN ALL OF YOU!! ALL Y’ALL. YOU DON’T KNOW NUTHIN’!!!

At VW I acquired Bentley (and the Crewe factory which made them along side “the ‘other one‘ with the grill”) in a tug-of-war with BMW to purchase Rolls Royce - not just the damn car company, but the BRAND - which I fucking ultimately lost. And that sucked. I fucking HATE losing!”

So, off to LeMans with Bentley went Peich, winning of course. And as his Quattro program verified this irascible prick was often, nearly always, correct.

He sidelined Bentley’s LeMans endeavors and directed that energy toward’s Audi LeMans dominance which, for those familiar with Porsche’s racing history, had a certain ‘Salzburg’ feel to it...

And, in a reversal of fortune in a leveraged buy-out attempt - where Porsche actually nearly acquired VW, the 2008 financial markets imploded and Porsche was unable to answer a capital call... the white knight to provide them with the line of credit and liquidity to carry on, was Volkswagen, then headed by a certain Chairman of the Board, Ferdinand Pëich, who in exchange for the necessary liquidity was able to fold Porsche - along with Seat, Skoda, Audi, Bentley, and Lamborghini - into the VW Group.

Promise fulfilled.

Along those lines, he was also rightfully able to - and probably DID - proclaim, “I’m Ferdinand Pëich and I’m responsible for the fastest - THE FASTEST - production car in the world! Fuck you all!”

RIP Herr Peich
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Driving the £5.4m Bugatti Divo

Post by Nuvolari » September 25th 2020, 5:47pm

3Flushes wrote:
September 24th 2020, 10:20pm
7 mil American each and they lose money?

They must be real sorry to see 'ol Peichy go.
Probably. I would expect they were particularly sorry about how he left a steaming pile of crap on their collective desks with what is now lamely referred to as DEISELGATE!

(Which, by the way, many years ago even my youngest daughter exclaimed out loud, “...you can’t just add the word ‘gate’to everything to make it sound like a scandal!” But, in fact, you can...)

He was und über dick who many admired, but few loved. In 2017, apparently just to stir up shit, he stuck his nose back into fray to accuse other employees of doing nothing for two years after they became aware of the clever fraud (that most understood to be initially developed with his supervision and guidance).

“ Piech’s own role remains unclear. According to the U.S. Department of Justice — and signed off by VW — the cheating roots back to at least May 2006. Piech ousted Winterkorn’s predecessor as VW CEO, Bernd Pischetsrieder, that year. The departure came several months after VW shot down talks over a far-reaching alliance with Daimler AG which would have given VW access to its German peer’s diesel technology, people familiar with the matter said last month.

Piech’s authoritarian management style and thirst for acquisitions helped Volkswagen grow from a struggling manufacturer into a global automotive powerhouse that outsold Toyota Motor Corp. last year to become the world’s biggest carmaker.

The exact reasons behind the fallout between Winterkorn and Piech remain unclear. While the two engineers shared an obsession with detail and had worked together closely for decades, Piech started to publicly challenge the CEO in 2015 and dismissed him as a potential successor to the chairmanship. The spat continued even after other board members backed Winterkorn.”

https://www.industryweek.com/the-econom ... er-scandal
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “The Drive in”