Cars, planes, boats & movies
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Pacific Northwest British Invasion

Post by smellody » September 5th 2020, 7:52pm

Took my Dad

and Lady Friend

to the Pacific Northwest British Invasion Show and Shine up in Washington.

It was not an organized event. By coincidence at least 106 British 🚗s (my car was #106) randomly convened at a private park up.in Brush Prairie.

I drove my trusty Rolls Royce Silver Spur II (yes John, "aye aye") to the event.

There were other marks at the show, but I prefer Crewe's products.

I wore my trusty two-tone Datejust.

All the douches loved the Maclaren. Maclaren are NOT my bag. The old dentists and physicians drooling over it can have it. Interestingly, they have the damnest time crawling in and out of it.

We next strolled to Camas to hit the antique store. No pate de verre. . .

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Pacific Northwest British Invasion

Post by biglove » September 5th 2020, 8:18pm

A fine day with your Dad. That’s the best of times!
Have only seen my Dad once since February and he only lives 15 miles away. Stupid damned COVID.

All I want is a McLaren 720s, Bentley GT, Aston Martin DBS, Koenigsegg One:1, Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GT-R, Mercedes AMG GT Black and a few dozen more cars.

That’s all.
"Nobody makes a turd like that and lives!"-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 6th 2020, 7:11pm

Viva Crewe!

The Clouds are so beautiful and very stately, but horrifically under-braked and featuring a ride that is only slightly worse than a truck from the same vintage.

That Continental is a rare find... my buddy is actively shopping for the late model Corniche-variant with the more subdued Bentley grill... Though, a Corniche IV with the turbocharged 6.75 Litre would not be a terrible or inexpensive option, they’re even harder to find.

Beauty beauty beauty... Nuvolari approves!

smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » September 6th 2020, 7:33pm

Nuvolari wrote:
September 6th 2020, 7:11pm
Viva Crewe!

The Clouds are so beautiful and very stately, but horrifically under-braked and featuring a ride that is only slightly worse than a truck from the same vintage.

That Continental is a rare find... my buddy is actively shopping for the late model Corniche-variant with the more subdued Bentley grill... Though, a Corniche IV with the turbocharged 6.75 Litre would not be a terrible or inexpensive option, they’re even harder to find.

Beauty beauty beauty... Nuvolari approves!

Agreed. Love the monarch styling of the clouds, but I'll keep my fuel injection, hydraulic suspension, leather headliner, and wood door panels. And double front brake calipers.

Dad had '59 Cloud 1 when I was a boy. It was beautiful and had less than 10k miles on it. It was burgundy and silver.

The Bentley was lovely. I fancy an open car. I'm good with cars for four more years. . .. my 50th birthday will be big though; and Italian.

I used to over do it. Happy with one Rolls, one motorcycle, one Jaguar, and the Range Rover. Took my dad for a ride in my Jaguar today and made a nice tri-tip.

I miss my Jaguar MK2 ('62 red on black with wire wheels and over drive) and my XKE ('69 2+2 with factory sunroof). I might add an early XK to the stable when I retire.

Return to “The Drive in”