Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Gnu Karr GODAM it

Post by smellody » June 25th 2020, 11:07pm

conjurer wrote:
June 25th 2020, 10:43pm
biglove wrote:
June 25th 2020, 8:17pm
Sounds like some damn fine CS. Try that with your local Chevrolet dealer.
Indeed, despite this Invicter-like CS, I haven't owned an American brand for at least 18 years. I've owned five Hyundais now, and up until yesterday, I've never had a major problem. My first Sonata had the cruise control break, which the dealer fixed, under warranty, in under two hours. Apart from that, I've had several minor recalls, all fixed by the dealer when I took the car in for regular maintenance. My last car, a 2016 Elantra GT (manufactured in South Korea) had no recalls or issues whatsoever.

I took the plunge with the new Sonata because A) the design gave me a boner, and B) it was manufactured in the Hyundai plant in Alabama, and I thought it a good time to buy American, especially since so many so-called American brands were manufactured either in Mexico or someplace else.

Interestingly, even with it's somewhat low HP, with it's fairly large torque, it accelerates like a skinned-ass rabbit, at least up to somewhat normal highway speeds. It's been measured at about 0-60 in the low seven seconds, which is about the same as my old GT, which was a seriously quick hatch for it's time, even though it was considerably smaller. It's never going to smoke a hot-rod, but it's so fucking comfortable that I don't care. It's not designed for that. It also has an absurdly wide suite of safety features, to the point it will almost drive itself, with lane-keep assist and adaptive cruise control, like a Tesla. It also has rear collision avoidance, which keeps you from getting T-boned from backing out of a tight space in a mall, when surrounded by giant-assed SUVs.

But, for me, the main thing is that it's fun to drive. I simply can't spend the rest of my life behind the wheel of an SUV or a pickup. I enjoy having my ass close to the pavement. I love wasting gasoline and putting my foot into it (fun fact, at the end of every drive the digital dash displays your last drive, including miles driven, MPH, and time spent), and my drive home today, which was mostly highway, and where the Sonata is rated at 36 MPG, I made only 28.5 MPG.

That made me feel so fucking good.
Glad it all worked out! And, happy you are happy!
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » June 25th 2020, 11:08pm

conjurer wrote:
June 25th 2020, 10:43pm
biglove wrote:
June 25th 2020, 8:17pm
Sounds like some damn fine CS. Try that with your local Chevrolet dealer.
Indeed, despite this Invicter-like CS, I haven't owned an American brand for at least 18 years. I've owned five Hyundais now, and up until yesterday, I've never had a major problem. My first Sonata had the cruise control break, which the dealer fixed, under warranty, in under two hours. Apart from that, I've had several minor recalls, all fixed by the dealer when I took the car in for regular maintenance. My last car, a 2016 Elantra GT (manufactured in South Korea) had no recalls or issues whatsoever.

I took the plunge with the new Sonata because A) the design gave me a boner, and B) it was manufactured in the Hyundai plant in Alabama, and I thought it a good time to buy American, especially since so many so-called American brands were manufactured either in Mexico or someplace else.

Interestingly, even with it's somewhat low HP, with it's fairly large torque, it accelerates like a skinned-ass rabbit, at least up to somewhat normal highway speeds. It's been measured at about 0-60 in the low seven seconds, which is about the same as my old GT, which was a seriously quick hatch for it's time, even though it was considerably smaller. It's never going to smoke a hot-rod, but it's so fucking comfortable that I don't care. It's not designed for that. It also has an absurdly wide suite of safety features, to the point it will almost drive itself, with lane-keep assist and adaptive cruise control, like a Tesla. It also has rear collision avoidance, which keeps you from getting T-boned from backing out of a tight space in a mall, when surrounded by giant-assed SUVs.

But, for me, the main thing is that it's fun to drive. I simply can't spend the rest of my life behind the wheel of an SUV or a pickup. I enjoy having my ass close to the pavement. I love wasting gasoline and putting my foot into it (fun fact, at the end of every drive the digital dash displays your last drive, including miles driven, MPH, and time spent), and my drive home today, which was mostly highway, and where the Sonata is rated at 36 MPG, I made only 28.5 MPG.

That made me feel so fucking good.
Glad it all worked out! And, happy you are happy!
ocean (Online)
Master of Time

Post by ocean » June 28th 2020, 1:06pm

Have a 2017 Sonata eco not a bad vehicle at all waiting to either trade it in or give to my son. Enjoy the new ride.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 28th 2020, 4:07pm

Wow, glad it all worked out. It should - the freakin' tires barely hit pavement when the damn thing konked out on ya. Nice job, again.

Good things happen to good people.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » June 28th 2020, 6:15pm

Cool wheels Conj! Why is it “Limited to 1.6” Litres? Is that so you don’t have to bother stopping for fuel hardly ever?
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “The Drive in”