Our New Whip

Cars, planes, boats & movies
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Our New Whip

Post by MAX » May 29th 2020, 4:21am

So the lease on her Kia Sorento (which I really liked) was up and she decided she wanted something different for a DD. She went around looking and came up with a few vehicles on her own. I did a little research on them and helped with the dealer but she loved this one from the start.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Nissan Murano.
Published specs:
V6, 260hp, 0-60 in 7.3 sec, 1/4 mile in [email protected], 20mpg in town, 28 highway. All the bells and whistles.

I really thought the new license plate was appropriate and funny so I included it. Totally random.

So far, so good.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
bobbee (Online)
Master of Time

Re: Our New Whip

Post by bobbee » May 29th 2020, 5:23am

Very nice car!
We are unable to update our car due to the lockdown, currently driving the Renault Captur. When we can get the new car, we are going for the Renault Kadjar, looks similar to yours but 0-62 in 11.7, and mileage is 54 mpg, 1.5 litre diesel engine.

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » May 29th 2020, 7:02am

Am a fan of Nissan and have always thought the Murano one of the best designed SUVs out there. Congrats!
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » May 29th 2020, 7:55am

Good choice. A friend who retired from Nissan leases one every year.

Being a "Nissan guy" (we currently have the 71 240Z, 95 300ZX Twin Turbo and 18 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport) and two Hyundais (16 Equus and 17 Azera) I don't think you can go wrong with Nissan or Hyundai/KIA.
Randy in Nashville
MAX

Post by MAX » May 29th 2020, 11:00am

Thanks, guys. You would think buying or leasing now would be less expensive but here they act like its a different world. We did ok, about the same as our Sorento over 3 years but I did expect better.

Great car, if its as good as the Kia Ill be very pleased. Really a stand out in looks among the many look alike SUVs but not quite as much cargo space.

Still havent sorted out all the bells and whistles and there it is far ahead of the Kia. Ride, handling and comfort about the same.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
MAX

Post by MAX » May 29th 2020, 12:09pm

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
May 29th 2020, 12:00pm
Just saw your post on the Corvette Forum. I'm over there as NashvilleGrand Sport. I post occassionally on the General C7 forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/of ... 1601587058
Good to know!

Lots of fun there and some good info.
NRPI here.

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » May 29th 2020, 8:11pm

bobbee wrote:
May 29th 2020, 5:23am
Very nice car!
We are unable to update our car due to the lockdown, currently driving the Renault Captur. When we can get the new car, we are going for the Renault Kadjar, looks similar to yours but 0-62 in 11.7, and mileage is 54 mpg, 1.5 litre diesel engine.

I drove the Kadjar in Italy with the diesel and the 6 speed manual trans and I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. That little diesel makes gobs of low-end so even as an small-SUV/crossover it keeps up nicely with even the most aggressive traffic. Which, by the way, is Roma...

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 30th 2020, 2:08pm

Nice going Max!
I have had great luck/enjoyment with the three Datsun/Nissan badged cars owned ('70 SRL311 Roadster and two Z cars).

Currently daily driving one of these Infiniti badged Nissans (handmedown from my other half).

(web pic)

Solid built autos that am sure will treat you right! Congrats.

Return to “The Drive in”