The 1970 Chrysler Imperial Was a Piece of Fucking Shit

Cars, planes, boats & movies
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The 1970 Chrysler Imperial Was a Piece of Fucking Shit

Post by Hawk » May 27th 2020, 12:28pm

No list of '70s misadventures that somehow didn't result in bankruptcy would be complete without the indignities inflicted on the Thunderbird which lumbered into the decade looking rather distressed and sporting styling cues from, I shit you not, a hearse.

kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » May 28th 2020, 6:56am

Hawk wrote:
May 27th 2020, 12:28pm
No list of '70s misadventures that somehow didn't result in bankruptcy would be complete without the indignities inflicted on the Thunderbird which lumbered into the decade looking rather distressed and sporting styling cues from, I shit you not, a hearse.

This reminds me of an LTD with a Landau top.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » May 28th 2020, 8:12am

Hawk wrote:
May 27th 2020, 12:28pm

The photo models don't look any too happy with it either. Although personally, I like Landau bars - especially on this '62:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xghlvcSaYX8/maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty snappy, eh? But my real favorites are the '64, '65 '66 models : https://www.autointeriordecorators.com/ ... rd-001.jpg
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 28th 2020, 9:19am

I'm generally more appreciative of '60s designs and those do evoke a touch of nostalgia.

But I remain of the opinion that all those pretty landau models would only have benefited from it not being there in the first place. And those vinyl roofs did tend to look like a series of feline gladiatorial contests have been conducted on them - not necessarily before they faded into a sort of grim patina but one or the other seemed inevitable.

Return to “The Drive in”